Honored Contributor

Re: McCann Parents--How can they live with themselves?

I'm thinking that whoever is guilty of the crime seems not to want to affect my life in any way.  There's enough going on in this world by people wanting to do that, so I'll save any concern I have for them and their kind.

Honored Contributor

snip 

sounds like a nut job to me..How much money did they make to push this trash?

oncalo Amaral, who was the original lead investigator in the case, made the astonishing claim that British secret agents 'for sure had an involvement'.

He claimed MI5 helped to hide the body of the youngster and that even former British Prime Minister Gordon Brown was involved in the cover up.

Trusted Contributor

To quote a comment I saw about this case: "I don't trust humans but I trust DOGS". The sniffer dog detected cadaverine in the McCann's apartment and car. It's hard to explain that one. 

A friend in need is a friend indeed.
Honored Contributor

explain this one

she was giving a theory, not a shred of proof    People prey on the family, just to make money for themselves

Pray tell me why would   anyone involved in the British government be involved with this?

I think people who do this type of scummy  theories and  money making speculation should be sued for defamation of character. They are nothing more than ghouls preying on the misery of the parents

Mrs Brown was seen on camera during an explosive documentary saying that Maddie could have died as a result of an accident, abuse or neglect.

In the dramatic trailer for the show, she was seen saying: 'They are lying and they are concealing guilt,' speaking of the 2007 disappearance, when Maddie was three.

During the show, she said: 'There are other cases where a child has come to some kind of harm by way of a parent either by neglect or abuse and the parents have indeed covered that crime up by trying to move the child's body and claim that the child has gone missing and has been abducted.'

But Miss Brown has since received hate mail over the comments, and launched a legal claim against the Seven West Media and Rahni Sadler, who interviewed her.

She claims that during the hour-long Skype interview with Sadler, she made it abundantly clear that the claim was merely a theory, based on her view of evidence.

Miss Brown told The Sun: 'I thought whether people agreed with the evidence or not, I would be able to present this as a professional.'

She added: 'The show purposefully set out to destroy my reputation. The only reason I was featured was to annihilate me by making me look foolish.'

Honored Contributor

I remember when it happened.  I don't know all the facts of the case, but I remember feeling like they were being persecuted.  I also wonder how they managed to find the perfect place to dispose of a body where it would never be found in a foreign country. 

Honored Contributor

What is the point of baseless speculation?

And thank you, @cherry, for your information.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Highlighted
Honored Contributor

@JBKO wrote:

Good afternoon everyone. I commented not too long ago about how I'm fascinated with missing persons cases. Lately, I've become obsessed with the Madeleine McCann case. I'll be transparent and say that I believe the parents were involved. They may never be prosecuted but all the evidence points to them

What I don't understand is how they can possibly live with themselves deceiving the people of the UK and Portugal for over 10 years. Millions of pounds have been spent searching for Madeleine. Unfortunately, it is pointless because Madeleine is no longer with us. What is being done for all the other legitmate missing persons cases in those countries? Whatever it is, it doesn't compare to what has been done for the search for Madeleine.

I believe Gerry and Kate have brainwashed themselved into thinking they did the right thing given the circumstances. What do you think of them? TIA

IMO, "evidence" doesn't "point", it proves.

Many, many times evidence points in one direction, but is later proven to not be true.

I personally think that the parents made a tragic mistake in thinking that their children were safe in a quiet villa, while they went out to dinner.

And they're paying for it for the rest of their lives.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

People may not find Pat Brown or Goncalo Amaral to not be credible. Fair enough. They should also take a look at Gerry and Kate's statements. They were notoriously inconsistent and acting in a way you would never expect the parents of a missing child to behave. 

If my child went missing in Portugal, I would NEVER leave. Fine, consider me a suspect but I would have faith that the evidence would lead to the truth and the fact that I wasn't involved. John Walsh has advised parents of missing children to immediately ask for a polygraph to exonerate themselves--parents are often suspected anyway since they are the last to see the child alive. The McCann's did none of this. And yes, I know polygraphs are inadmissable in court but if you had zero involvement, you will take one.

Sorry! originally said Adam Walsh, meant John Walsh**

Honored Contributor

I feel as if they are innocent. 

"friends don't let friends drink white zinfandel"
Trusted Contributor

What evidence is there that there was an abduction?