Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,692
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial

I thought KIssinger's tribute was quite remarkable.  He's 95.

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,900
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial

Powerful words from a broken hearted daughter.  God bless you Meghan McCain.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 3,985
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

I thought KIssinger's tribute was quite remarkable.  He's 95.


yes, he is as sharp as ever!  it inspires one.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,692
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial

The bagpipes are just so beautiful and mournful.

 

I'm losing it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,692
Registered: ‎03-16-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial

I can't imagine what the McCain family feels, everyday since Wednesday a service, it like sitting through 5 funerals, it's unfathomable. Watching the service today, Meghan had me crying along with her. I have watched her on The View and never really cared for her, that has changed. Her tribute to her father was beautiful, she soldiered on even when it was hard to get the words out, she is courageous and brave, her father would be very proud of her.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 14,628
Registered: ‎06-27-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

 

 

I hope this doesn't sound horribly trivial but Cindy McCain's pearls are lovely.

 

Sorry, I have to distract myself a little as I keep crying.


 

 

           I know what you mean, @KittyLouWhoToo,   The tears give me a migraine, but I can’t stop them.  I’m trying to distract myself, too.

 

 

⭐️"Tact is the art of making a point without making an enemy.” ~H.W. Newton⭐️


Honored Contributor
Posts: 12,692
Registered: ‎04-18-2013

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial


@dooBdoo wrote:

@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

 

 

I hope this doesn't sound horribly trivial but Cindy McCain's pearls are lovely.

 

Sorry, I have to distract myself a little as I keep crying.


 

 

           I know what you mean, @KittyLouWhoToo,   The tears give me a migraine, but I can’t stop them.  I’m trying to distract myself, too.

 

 


God Bless George W., who is making me smile alongside my tears, @dooBdoo

Trusted Contributor
Posts: 1,900
Registered: ‎03-11-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

The bagpipes are just so beautiful and mournful.

 

I'm losing it.


@KittyLouWhoToo

Well you had better go get a box of tissues because I read in the paper this morning that at the end of the service the bagpipers will play Danny Boy.

~Breathe In~ Breathe Out~ Move On~
Respected Contributor
Posts: 2,541
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial


@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

@dooBdoo wrote:

@KittyLouWhoToo wrote:

 

 

I hope this doesn't sound horribly trivial but Cindy McCain's pearls are lovely.

 

Sorry, I have to distract myself a little as I keep crying.


 

 

           I know what you mean, @KittyLouWhoToo,   The tears give me a migraine, but I can’t stop them.  I’m trying to distract myself, too.

 

 


God Bless George W., who is making me smile alongside my tears, @dooBdoo


He is truly a man you'd have a beer with. Never thought I'd miss him, but I do.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 26,507
Registered: ‎03-12-2010

Re: McCain Funeral Procession - from Rotunda to the Vietnam Memorial

My late husband was in the Honor Guard at Ft Myer, Arlington.

 

He was one of the men who buried all of those soldiers.  He also was the star of a program the Army put on in DC showing hand to hand combat against the Viet Cong.

 

The amount of people he buried every day was astounding!