Respected Contributor

Preferably Light Mayo - either Cains or Hellmans .. but can't find the light these days.  The 2 stores I frequent only have the regular Hellmans.

Respected Contributor

I never heard of Mayo until my Aunt and Uncle visited from CA. in the 60s. They came to visit  Mn. in their camper. My Aunt brought in her jar of Mayo for them. I lived in the Midwest and thought it was a regional preference? I have never seen Dukes  here on the grocery shelf.  I looked for recalling the commercials with the Southern accents.. We do have Hellmans.I am Up North about five hours from Canada.

I agree with the posters who stated it depends on the use and in what recipes.

Honored Contributor

We use Duke's Light, usually have a coupon for it, and it fills our needs. 

Trusted Contributor

Mayo. Hellmans/Best Foods.

Respected Contributor

I have only ever used Hellmann's mayonnaise.  I honestly never knew there was such a difference.  I guess I thought Miracle Whip was just another brand of mayonnaise.  Now I'm curious if Miracle Whip would be better in my cole slaw.

Valued Contributor

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

Which do you prefer?

I like both, but if I had to give the edge to one, it would  mayo.

You?

I don't eat either but for my family it's Miracle Whip.  We're not fans of mayo.

Honored Contributor

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

Duke's Mayo

If your face brightens when you meet a friend, you have struck gold. - unknown
Honored Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

@SuhseK wrote:

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Neither. I don't care what the brand name is on the jar. They're all gross and y'all are welcome to help yourselves to whatever my share of it would be. 

------

Out of curiosity, what do you put on your sandwiches? 

Pasta salads? 

I have a friend, that dips her her potato chips, in mayo😈before you faint, she rarely eats potato chips. But, she loves her mayo, and, she's model thin and has textbook perfect cholesterol. Life can be unfair! 

@SuhseK 

On certain sandwiches I use Hellman's mayo on turkey, BLT's, chicken salad, tuna).....But on Ham sandwiches I use mustard.....

Pasta Salads I make the kind that calls for a vinegar/oil dressing....

And as for your friend dipping chips in mayo---well a lot of dips have a mayo type base---

download (3).jpg

.. But I have a friend that does something worse---she dips Pizza in Thousand Island dressing....YUCCCKKK!!!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Trusted Contributor

Miracle whip

Take time every day to enjoy where you are without a need to fix it