Valued Contributor

Mayo, I don't like the added sugar in Miracle Whip. If i want some zip I will mix a little Sirracha in with the mayo.

Respected Contributor

Mayo...and preferably Duke's mayo, though Hellmans will do in a pinch!

Honored Contributor

Neither if it is being used stand alone as a spread ect..  I do not mind when it is part of a receipe such as the tons of deviled eggs I made this past weekend.  But never have I ordered any sandwich/burger with mayo.  Yuck!

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Respected Contributor

Well, I'm confused.  I thought Best and Dukes were the same.  The Best jar I bought looked nothing like Hellmans.  You may be right; it may have been a bad jar of Best.   

I'm sticking with Hellmans and Miracle Whip.    Leaving the others alone .

Honored Contributor

@Bridgegal 

https://modernfarmer.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/lovemayo.jpg

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Valued Contributor

@CelticCrafter I know what you are saying! I was able to buy the smaller squeeze bottle of Duke's before investing in the large one. Since using Hellmans for years, I really didn't think I would stick with Duke's. Also, where I live, Duke's is about a dollar less for 32 ounces.😉

Trusted Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Neither if it is being used stand alone as a spread ect..  I do not mind when it is part of a receipe such as the tons of deviled eggs I made this past weekend.  But never have I ordered any sandwich/burger with mayo.  Yuck!

-----

Now Becky, let's say you're having a leftover turkey sandwich 😁

What could you possibly put on it, but, enough mayo to clog every artery in your body?

So delicious🥰

Honored Contributor

@SuhseK wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

-----

Now Becky, let's say you're having a leftover turkey sandwich 😁

What could you possibly put on it, but, enough mayo to clog every artery in your body?

So delicious🥰

its a MUST @SuhseK ......turkey, mayo, salt, pepper......maybe some slices of good red tomato.

"The world is a dangerous place, not because of those who do evil, but because of those who look on and do nothing." - Albert Einstein
Respected Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

I like both with tunafish salad.  I call the Miracle Whip version I make with onions and celery bits the "Spring Street" version (for the address of a childhood friend whose mom followed that recipe), and the "Walnut St"  version with mayo is my mother's recipe.  Depending on my mood, I like both versions a lot. 

ETA:  New Englanders tend not to use mayo or Miracle Whip except for tuna.  This grosses out people from other parts of the country, but New Englanders, back in the day, anyhow (haven't lived there for a long time) used butter (not mayo) for things like turkey or beef sandwiches.

Honored Contributor

@Burnsite wrote:

I like both with tunafish salad.  I call the Miracle Whip version I make with onions and celery bits the "Spring Street" version (for the address of a childhood friend whose mom followed that recipe), and the "Walnut St"  version with mayo is my mother's recipe.  Depending on my mood, I like both versions a lot. 

ETA:  New Englanders tend not to use mayo or Miracle Whip except for tuna.  This grosses out people from other parts of the country, but New Englanders, back in the day, anyhow (haven't lived there for a long time) used butter (not mayo) for things like turkey or beef sandwiches.

@Burnsite 

another exception......a maine lobster roll......

my mom always  uses butter on roast beef sandwiches and still does.....but she also usually adds mustard. we are not from new england though.