Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@Laura14 wrote:

@Spurt These must be the same people who put ketchup on their eggs.  😝

@Laura14 

Now, I have to admit I do use salsa when I make breakfast tacos....and both salsa and ketchup are made with tomatoes.... Woman LOL

I couldn't eat an egg without salsa, ketchup or something... As for ranch to cover the taste of pizza, it doesn't, but it does enhance it... I can agree, though, that it's the sauce that makes or breaks the pizza... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Respected Contributor

@sunshine45 wrote:

@SusieQ_2 wrote:

@sunshine45 wrote:

@Spurt 

i dont dip my entire pizza in thousand island dressing, but i DO like dipping the crust into thousand island dressing OR blue cheese dressing. Smiley Happy

my kids wont have pizza unless there is ranch around.

Smiley Happy

I do the same--sometimes but not always. I also like to top a nice warm margherita pizza with loads of fresh arrugula and, of course, ranch dressing. Ummm, heaven! 

As for Mayo or Miracle Whip. I like both equally. 

ohhhhhh @SusieQ_2  i like that arugula idea!

my daughter loves a pizza with arugula and prosciutto.

One of my favorite pizzas is pear, prosciutto, herbed olive oli, mozzarella, goat cheese and arugula. When I get it to go, they give me the arugula in a bag by itself, so that any leftovers can have fresh arugula on them after they're reheated. It's delicious!

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 wrote:

@Sushismom And you like sushi too.  Where is my garlic and holy water?  LOL Smiley Wink

So what makes you think holy water will do anything to me? Smiley Happy 

And I happen to LIKE garlic. 

Honored Contributor

OMG I just can't with this thread.  Next we will be extoling the culinary masterpieces of Spaghettios and Spam.  

I am running away screaming, turning on opera, and saying several Hail Marys for those food heathens among us.  

In the words of my Italian ancestors, you toucha my pizza, you spit in my face.  It's a no good.  No good, I say!  

Where's the wine?  I need a vat to start...

Respected Contributor

@Laura14 

Oh, no! I hate to say this to you since you already think I'm the devil incarnate, but I like Spam musubi. 

Honored Contributor

@stevieb wrote:

No @Spurt  I don't do pineapple on pizza, but don't knock the ranch dip until you've tried it... It's delicious... A few bites, though, is my limit, because I love good pizza, which is increasingly hard to find, too much to mess with it... I don't even like toppings if the pizza is a good one...

@stevieb 

Sorry friend, but Im not going to ruin a good pizza to try it....And I must say, Im so proud that your not a member of the pizza/pineapple set.... Woman Very Happy

WOW if the pizza is good not even toppings....that's interesting just the basics then....sauce and cheese????

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

No @Spurt  I don't do pineapple on pizza, but don't knock the ranch dip until you've tried it... It's delicious... A few bites, though, is my limit, because I love good pizza, which is increasingly hard to find, too much to mess with it... I don't even like toppings if the pizza is a good one...

@stevieb 

Sorry friend, but Im not going to ruin a good pizza to try it....And I must say, Im so proud that your not a member of the pizza/pineapple set.... Woman Very Happy

WOW if the pizza is good not even toppings....that's interesting just the basics then....sauce and cheese????

@Spurt  Who says you have to 'ruin' an entire pizza to try it. You dip your pizza in and take a bite... It's yummy... And yes, if the pizza is a good one, I don't need a lot of extras... Most traditional meats they put on pizza are garbage, if you ask me... I do like black olives and tomatoes on occasion...

Honored Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

@stevieb wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

@stevieb wrote:

@stevieb 

@Spurt  Who says you have to 'ruin' an entire pizza to try it. You dip your pizza in and take a bite... It's yummy... And yes, if the pizza is a good one, I don't need a lot of extras... Most traditional meats they put on pizza are garbage, if you ask me... I do like black olives and tomatoes on occasion...

@stevieb 

Im not overly fond of ranch dressing as it is...I use Italian, or a red wine or balsamic vinegar and a good olive oil....sometimes a walnut/raspberry dressing is nice on a salad---BUT NOT ON PIZZA!

I know what you mean---some dont use the good pepperoni, even the mushrooms aren't fresh, instead they use canned and you can tell the differance....and sometimes the cheese isnt the best either....And Im not a fan of sausage pizzas either....Although I DO on occasion like jalepenos added as a topping....

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Esteemed Contributor

This thread just reminded me how much I love a good pineapple, canadian bacon, red onion, and jalapeño pizza! 

DNA Pizza on Twitter: "Fancy Hawaiian! Pineapple, Jalapeño, Bacon ...

It will take all my willpower to go with the chicken breast, sweet potato, and asparagus I was planning for tonight's dinner. 

On the other hand...chicken is always good on Monday. Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

@Spurt  I don't eat mushrooms period. On anything. In anything. I can't stand them. I'm only slightly more forgiving about onions and then only very mild onions. As for mystery meats like salami, pepperoni, sausage, mortadella, bologna and so on, no thank you, though I will very, very, very occasionally have pepperoni as a toppoing if applied with a light hand. I don't want to see a pizza loaded with it.