Valued Contributor
Only Hellman’s Canola Oil Mayonnaise Dressing. It has less than half the fat and calories of regular Hellman’s and tastes 99% the same.
Trusted Contributor

Only Hellman's mayo!  Can't stand that Miracle Whip stuff!

Valued Contributor
Miracle Whip tastes sour to me.
Honored Contributor

That's apples and oranges.  Both and other spreads and mayos have recipes where they shine.  Some pasta salads are simply not the same without Miracle Whip.

So to me, it's about what you are making with them. 

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

Best Foods Mayo, always (Hellmans).  I have been using it since I was old enough to cook.  Not that I haven't tried others, I have and always lovingly went back to my favorite.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Esteemed Contributor

@ECBG wrote:

@ECBG wrote:

@Dinaki wrote:

I definetly prefer Mayonaise, but if you ask my husband, MAYO for him. He detests Mayonaise.

@Dinaki ?

@Dinaki He likes MAYO but detests MAYONAISE?  That's the same item.

@Dinaki...Mayo is Mayonaise, one and the same.

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@willdob3 wrote:

@Anonymous032819 

My tastes have evolved over the years...

I grew up on Miracle Whil, then somehow moved to real mayo - Hellman’s, then the sugar free Duke’s brand. But I avoid  most oils so my options are limited now. I like Primal Kitchen brand (expensive but I am too lazy to spend 5 minutes making my own!) and also Sir Kensington avocado oil mayo. 

@willdob3 I've made homemade, years ago and it tasted faintly like mustard.

Trusted Contributor

Mayo! (Best Foods Real Mayo)

Growing up, though, we were a Miracle  Whip family 😊

Nothing like a leftover turkey sandwich, with Tons of mayo! 
(guilty confession of a dietitian) 😉

Trusted Contributor

@FrostyBabe1 wrote:

Neither. I don't care what the brand name is on the jar. They're all gross and y'all are welcome to help yourselves to whatever my share of it would be. 

------

Out of curiosity, what do you put on your sandwiches? 

Pasta salads? 

I have a friend, that dips her her potato chips, in mayo😈before you faint, she rarely eats potato chips. But, she loves her mayo, and, she's model thin and has textbook perfect cholesterol. Life can be unfair! 

Trusted Contributor

I would have said Miracle Whip but I discovered Kraft Avocado Mayo; I use that for tuna and chicken salads.

If you can dream it you can do it--Walt Disney