Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 

My tastes have evolved over the years...

I grew up on Miracle Whil, then somehow moved to real mayo - Hellman’s, then the sugar free Duke’s brand. But I avoid  most oils so my options are limited now. I like Primal Kitchen brand (expensive but I am too lazy to spend 5 minutes making my own!) and also Sir Kensington avocado oil mayo. 

Valued Contributor

I used Hellmans for years!  No way would I dare to use another brand of mayo....until I needed some for a recipe and the store was out. 😲 Well, they had Dukes. So I bought it and now I will never go back to Hellmans. I love it! Has a little zing to it that Hellmans doesn't...smoother texture, too. I do keep Miracle Whip on hand. Use it sometimes mixed with mayo for hubby's tuna salad!😊

Honored Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

It seems there are occasional threads about this. I like them both but prefer mayo. I do like Miracle Whip for certain things but if there could be only one, it would be Hellman's mayo for me. They're actually significantly different formulas and aren't, to me, interchangeable. 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Honored Contributor

I like Both.  What I buy now is called Vegenase low fat  spread....a healther alternative.

Honored Contributor

Re: Mayo or Miracle Whip?

[ Edited ]

@Icegoddess wrote:

Despise Miracle Whip.  Only Hellman's Mayo for me, although I need to try Duke's.  I hear it's a Southern thing and being a Southern girl I should at least give it a shot.  

@Icegoddess  I'm southern. I gave it a shot. I'm back to Hellman's. Duke's is vastly over-rated.

In my pantry with my cupcakes...
Esteemed Contributor

Hellman's mayonnaise all the way!!

Respected Contributor

Neither. I don't care what the brand name is on the jar. They're all gross and y'all are welcome to help yourselves to whatever my share of it would be. 

~The more someone needs to brag about how wonderful, special, successful, wealthy or important they are, the greater the likelihood that it isn't true. ~

Honored Contributor

@Anonymous032819 My whole family hates Miracle Whip.

Only Best Foods real mayo for us!

Respected Contributor

@Icegoddess wrote:

Despise Miracle Whip.  Only Hellman's Mayo for me, although I need to try Duke's.  I hear it's a Southern thing and being a Southern girl I should at least give it a shot.  

@Icegoddess....it is definitely a "southern thing".  We grew up on Duke's and my sister still only uses Duke's.  But I love Hellman's mayo so much, that's what I now prefer and only use.

Trusted Contributor

Hellmanns .......... Grew up with Miracle Whip but switched to Hellmanns after marrying my husband.