Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,952
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....

It amazes and amuses me that posters coyly continue to attempt to get clearly unwanted posts through. Maybe such posters would be better served exploring another hobby.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 33,580
Registered: ‎03-10-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....


@Krimpette wrote:

I agree...what''s so difficult about following the "rules"?  Some folks just seem to thrive in breaking the rules, even through somewhat "insidious" means.  Must be a game for them.  But it certainly serves to ruin things for others.  I always thought these forums were frequented mainly by adults....sometimes I wonder.


I don't blatantly ignore the rules.  However, it seems that the same rules don't always apply to the same posters and the rules also differ from mod to mod.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,981
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....

[ Edited ]

What I find very interesting are those that are so upset over any posts about hosts, vendors, or even QVC, yet they can say all kinds of unkind things to other posters, but that seems to be OK!  .......even though that's also against the rules..............I just laughed at the irony of it all when I read some of the comments in an Among Friends thread.......Thanks for the chuckle...............

 

If we want to go strictly by the book (i.e.Guidelines) this is what is says too:

 

Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,752
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....


@Spurt wrote:

What I find very interesting are those that are so upset over any posts about hosts, vendors, or even QVC, yet they can say all kinds of unkind things to other posters, but that seems to be OK!  .......even though that's also against the rules..............I just laughed at the irony of it all when I read some of the comments in an Among Friends thread.......Thanks for the chuckle...............

 

If we want to go strictly by the book (i.e.Guidelines) this is what is says too:

 

Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.


@Spurt

 

Don't tear down other women for their looks, hair, what they are wearing, or just because they are more successful than you are... and I don't mean you, Spurt, but those who do it.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,371
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....


@Noel7 wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

the MOVED forum. (removed would be more appropriate actually!).


I don't think you were around last night but several threads were deleted because they were mean and nasty towards a host.


***************************

@JaneMarple

 

I wasn't on last night but I'm glad they were taken down.  I do not get the Enjoyment of tearing down hosts, over and over, too.  Women who hate other women, especially successful women making a good living.


HeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeartHeart

Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,981
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....

[ Edited ]

@Noel7 wrote:

@Spurt wrote:

What I find very interesting are those that are so upset over any posts about hosts, vendors, or even QVC, yet they can say all kinds of unkind things to other posters, but that seems to be OK!  .......even though that's also against the rules..............I just laughed at the irony of it all when I read some of the comments in an Among Friends thread.......Thanks for the chuckle...............

 

If we want to go strictly by the book (i.e.Guidelines) this is what is says too:

 

Don't attack or insult another Community member. It's not helpful and it doesn't make for a friendly place. This includes calling other members names. Disagreement is no excuse for poor manners and we will not allow frustration to turn into a personal attack.


@Spurt

 

Don't tear down other women for their looks, hair, what they are wearing, or just because they are more successful than you are... and I don't mean you, Spurt, but those who do it.


@Noel7

 

I agree that some of the comments are uncalled for---saying someone has big ears like dumbo, or nose like a pig's snout, or making fun of someone's weight gain or making things up about a host's personal life like they worked for the National Enquirer---these comments say more about the person making the comment than the host they write about, and JMHO I dont think it has anything to do with jealousy ---they are just mean and hateful people.....

 

However, I think that constructive criticism should be allowed to be voiced (even the Mods have said that is allowed- under the rules)--example failure to provide important product information, or being too hyper, talking too fast and not letting the vendor speak, or instead of products in a show, the host provides detailed and lengthy family stories (more like a family miniseries)  ---  these comments impact whether I will watch the program or turn the channel ........  Now on a couple of occasions I have seen a couple of bizarre outfits on the hosts----sometimes its the fault of the stylist..it just looks like an episode of What Not To Wear.....If it's something QVC is trying to sell thats not going to appeal to me at all and there wont be any sale..............

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Honored Contributor
Posts: 8,553
Registered: ‎05-23-2011

Re: Maybe just call this....

@Spurt I agree with your last post, it's all about constructive criticism. Critiquing a host's speech, rambling, how they carry themselves even makeup and clothing is fine but there are ways to do so without being cruel.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor
Posts: 31,981
Registered: ‎03-20-2010

Re: Maybe just call this....


@JaneMarple wrote:

@Spurt I agree with your last post, it's all about constructive criticism. Critiquing a host's speech, rambling, how they carry themselves even makeup and clothing is fine but there are ways to do so without being cruel.


@JaneMarple

 

I agree.............  

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”