Respected Contributor

Re: Maybe just call this....

@jaxs mom wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

Threads wouldn't be removed if people would just follow the rules, such as "No political threads", "No bashing of hosts", or "No reposting of deleted threads".

It really isn't all that hard to do.

This isn't entirely accurate. I've seen threads go down without any rules being broken. I think some of the mods get happy fingers. 

I have no idea what was in any of the ones deleted in the last couple of days, but some of the titles looked interesting. Just seems to be quite a wave of it going around!

So you are accusing the mods of "happy fingers" basically challenging moderation at the same time you admit you have no idea what happened last night or saw the thread content. 

Amazing huh, Jax?? Smiley Wink

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

About the poofed threads from last night; Sometimes I just scratch my head o over the posts bashing the hosts. Constructive criticism concerning them are one thing but insults concerning their personal lives is quire another! why would any rational thinking person wonder who is taking care of a female host's children? Why are you making this your business? 

I have to admit I've criticized a hairstyle, lipstick color or outfit from time to time, but I never thought to wonder who was minding their kids.

Cat LOL

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

About the poofed threads from last night; Sometimes I just scratch my head o over the posts bashing the hosts. Constructive criticism concerning them are one thing but insults concerning their personal lives is quire another! why would any rational thinking person wonder who is taking care of a female host's children? Why are you making this your business? 

I have to admit I've criticized a hairstyle, lipstick color or outfit from time to time, but I never thought to wonder who was minding their kids.

Cat LOL

(take a peek on the shoes forum)Woman Frustrated

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Honored Contributor

Well, that's it! (stomping my foot now)  I'm going to report everyone because .... oh, heck .... just because that seems to be the thing to do? 

People, it is what it is.  Q's boards, Q's rules.  Not everyone is going to be happy ... proof of that in the real world.  Get over it.  Wow, did I just say that?  Yep, I did.  Beating a dead horse is not going to make it better.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Respected Contributor

I can only imagine the comments that people make when they report a post or thread.  Lol

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I was wondering why we were able to talk about a female cable host but not the male host.  

Good question!

I see there are some threads over on tv, @truffle.  Last night that was a no-no.

Does look like there are a few threads over there.

Are the rules different on that board?

Last night talking about the male cable host was not okay.  At least two threads on him were poofed

Honored Contributor

@tansy wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@tansy wrote:

@truffle wrote:

@tansy wrote:

I was wondering why we were able to talk about a female cable host but not the male host.  

Good question!

I see there are some threads over on tv, @truffle.  Last night that was a no-no.

Does look like there are a few threads over there.

Are the rules different on that board?

Last night talking about the male cable host was not okay.  At least two threads on him were poofed

He's got quite a following who don't like to be criticised! So poof they went..........

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Mominohio wrote:

the MOVED forum. (removed would be more appropriate actually!).

I don't think you were around last night but several threads were deleted because they were mean and nasty towards a host.

I saw at least two threads last night, maybe three, that had posts which ranged from ridiculous to despicable. 

I certainly hope moving forward that we remember nasty posts aren't just against the standards for hosts, they're against standards for anyone...hosts, former hosts...everyone.

Honored Contributor

I agree...what''s so difficult about following the "rules"?  Some folks just seem to thrive in breaking the rules, even through somewhat "insidious" means.  Must be a game for them.  But it certainly serves to ruin things for others.  I always thought these forums were frequented mainly by adults....sometimes I wonder.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

If you choose to continue to post here you need to follow the rules! I have not always agreed with the rules.  I do find that sometimes it is hard to know where to draw the line?  I try hard to not step over the line but sometimes I go poof.  Not very often.... but it happens.

Just like we interpret what is and is not going too far, I imagine that line is slightly different for each moderator. I am also sure, that like all of us, they have opinions that lead them one way or another and that will play into it when it's a fine line.  The reason I use the word "sure" is..... that is just human nature.  I can't really fault them for that!

I have chosen to stay here so that is a choice to abide by the QVC rules.  I also am venturing out to another place where I can express myself and just be more me. I understand this is a shopping channel forum so I don't have all the freedom to say what I would like to.  Also, I want to maintain my friendships and acquaintances I feel I have made here over the years.  The people here are very important to me and I have come to care for them deeply.  Anyway, this is how I have decided to go about solving my need to be me, maintaining my friendships here, and obeying the QVC rules. I have high hopes this will work!