Honored Contributor

Re: Maybe The Troubled Brand On QVC Is WEN

@ChicagoHeather2 wrote:

"Philosophy? Maybe people are finally getting tired of the non-scented scents."

That's my guess, too. Can't even find more than a few Philosophy products in local Sephora or Ulta stores - it used to have a whole aisle and two freestanding shelving units in Sephora here. Personally, I'm done buying it because the shower gels have zero scent and the skincare is not my favorite. Doesn't help the sales on the Q when they have shows in July/August trotting out a full hour of stock from last Christmas - still in the Christmas packaging.

@ChicagoHeather2  I was told by one of our dept. stores that used to carry a lot more Philosophy than it does now that they have much fewer products because Philosophy was concentrating most on its sales through QVC and that store clerk complained that Q was getting most of the Philosophy products..   That could explain why there are so many fewer at Ulta and Sephora.  The same thing happened at Sephora with Laura Geller - and I was told the same thing there.  It could have something to do with the contract with QVC, where of course the most sales are rather than declining sales.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

All of retail is suffering right now, so it's no surprise to see articles that try to determine what the problem is.  No one wants to think it's the economy, so they pick apart the merchandise.  Add to all this, the limited spending by the non-materialistic young people.

Honored Contributor

@SahmIam wrote:

Philosophy? Maybe people are finally getting tired of the non-scented scents.

@SahmIam

ITA .... either that or Dooney.   

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Why speculate?  There are a number of products that this could apply to.

Computers, Vacuums, Mattresses, Philosophy, IT Cosmetics, & WEN, etc.

Even some of the fashion brands might be suspect - Dooney & Bourke for example.  I am sure te WENNERS would be devastated if it turned out to be their hero, but no one is above criticism. And almost all "brands" rise and fall with the times.  Sorry that the Q has determined they are better off hawking a few brands instead of a variety, but that's business I guess. Or maybe the competition is catching up to them. 

Another point I feel is the monotony of some of their presentations. Especially in the kitchen.  They need a variety of hosts to do their kitchen shows - not just one.  By changing up the hosts, they could add some much needed variety to the repetitive items they show.  Same with their food shows. No one host should do those. 

Honored Contributor

@queendiva wrote:

Might be Philosophy. I find better skin care products elsewhere for a lot less, and have not bought AG since the company was sold to Coty. The once-loved line is now inferior.

@queendiva

Me neither....Coty does animal testing.

Smiley others 285.GIF

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Respected Contributor

It can be anything. 

I remember how much Bare Escentuals used to be on.  Now you barely see them. 

That's what they do - run a brand into the ground.  People get sick of seeing the same brands and the same presentations...

Respected Contributor

I feel like I missed something...there is "a troubled brand" that was talked about somewhere, that led to this thread?

Did I miss the first half of this story?

Honored Contributor

@Marianne1 wrote:

I feel like I missed something...there is "a troubled brand" that was talked about somewhere, that led to this thread?

Did I miss the first half of this story?

@Marianne1

Read the link in Post # 1.

Honored Contributor

@Marianne1

Click on the link in the OP, it explains this thread.

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.