Honored Contributor
Respected Contributor

Re: Maybe The Troubled Brand On QVC Is WEN

I would be surprised because they mentioned declining sales and the last Wen visit seemed like it had pretty healthy sales.

Deb

Honored Contributor

Philosophy? Maybe people are finally getting tired of the non-scented scents.

Honored Contributor

I'm sure with all the negative press WEN is getting this is an issue - but QVC has other issues as well - same ole same ole products and boring presentations. People don't watch anymore because they no longer have the great professional hosts they used to have but instead they all seem like carnival hawkers. They don't seem to have interest in researching any new products. Whole hour long presentations of things like mattresses. QVC started out selling clothing that was not designer brands but was what ladies you would see around your town wearing - and we would watch for hours on fashion days - now they have these so called designers way overpriced clothing that is nothing I or anyone I know would wear for the most part. They used to have a lot of jewelry shows - silver and gold - now jewelry is a rare show to see. I find the kitchen shows are the same old stuff over & over & over so I never watch them anymore. The point is -- QVC needs to recognize that they have MANY problems - WEN is one of them but far from being the only one.

Honored Contributor

Could be -  but it's not something I care that much about.

It is interesting as a curiosity that WEN  had that much effect on the company's returns.  For me, it's just that - a curiosity.  Assuming WEN and QVC are still around when my stash is gone, I'll buy again.

I'm part of the problem -  my last WEN order was over a year ago.  But there's nothing but WEN in my shower.

Honored Contributor

Maybe it's Dyson or Sleep number......

Esteemed Contributor

Might be Philosophy. I find better skin care products elsewhere for a lot less, and have not bought AG since the company was sold to Coty. The once-loved line is now inferior.

Respected Contributor

Could be any number of products.

_____ ,,,^ ._. ^,,,_____
Esteemed Contributor

Or it could be Dooney and Bourke. Women are buying fewer bags than we have in the past from all retail sources. Dooney bags are wonderful, but they can be found for a lot less elsewhere.

Occasional Contributor

"Philosophy? Maybe people are finally getting tired of the non-scented scents."

That's my guess, too. Can't even find more than a few Philosophy products in local Sephora or Ulta stores - it used to have a whole aisle and two freestanding shelving units in Sephora here. Personally, I'm done buying it because the shower gels have zero scent and the skincare is not my favorite. Doesn't help the sales on the Q when they have shows in July/August trotting out a full hour of stock from last Christmas - still in the Christmas packaging.