Honored Contributor

As a kid I used to think the idea of dancing around a Maypole was a hoot.  

May Day!  How are you spending it?

It's pouring rain where I live so yard work is out.  I think I'll go to a few places and return stuff that's been sitting around needing to be returned.  Real exciting huh?   Anyway, since it's raining, no dancing around a Maypole here!

Honored Contributor

Re: May Day! May Day! May Day!

Image result for happy may 1st

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@Pearlee It is raining here too, I have the exciting chore today of doing laundry, OH YEAH, it is the one day off for my DH, so I am dragging him out to some stores today, HOLD BACK,  nothing exciting, grocery shopping & the Dollar Store!

Happy May Day everyone:

Let's Party.gif

Esteemed Contributor

I was fortunate to have been chosen as a Maypole dancer for my county when I was a kid. I loved it, in part because I missed a day of school. Now May 1 has a more special meaning. It's my beagle's birthday. HAPPY 7th BIRTHDAY, MADDIE!

Honored Contributor

The big talk in the elevator this am is it is May Day and 45 deg. here in East Texas.  Finally in May winter arrives.  80 later this afternoon.

Happy May Day.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The big talk in the elevator this am is it is May Day and 45 deg. here in East Texas.  Finally in May winter arrives.  80 later this afternoon.

Happy May Day.

@beckyb1012  Good grief on your weather on May 1st!

Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 Here in MN it is 37 degrees this morning, and ice pellets were hitting the windows last night, high today is a balmy 40 degrees, but keeping our fingers crossed high's in the 60's this weekend!

Respected Contributor

I never thought about May Day until we were in Paris on May 1 about 10 years ago.  When we went to the lobby in the a.m. we were presented with a tiny bouquet of flowers.    

When we went to the Eiffel Tower that day, we found a 'zillion' people waiting in line.  It is a big holiday in Paris I learned.

Esteemed Contributor

I love watching May Day celebrations.  When I was in school we didn’t celebrate it.  However, I worked for a school that did.  It was always fun watching the children dress up in their finery and dance around the Maypole.  I always looked forward to it each year. 

As far as our weather, it’s actually perfect May Day weather - partly cloudy and breezy, not too hot (about 72 degrees).  It’s a good day for outdoor activities, which is where I'm going to spend the day.  

~ * ~  Happy May Day to everyone! ~ * ~

Honored Contributor

Was supposed to fly out to LA today with DH and his boss for the week.

But duty calls at the new house, have to meet with our architect, interview several electricians, and hopefully the town inspector will make a visit.

Miss DH already.