Respected Contributor

@newjerseygirl   From what store please?  Macys?

Respected Contributor

@Witchy Woman I'm waiting for the replies.

We have an Sterns and Foster Estate mattress that has develoved the sags. We are not big people either. So I don't have the answer but we will not repurchase S&F mattress nor recommend. 

I'm wondering if the Pillow Tops are the problem?

Honored Contributor

I guess I just don't get all worked up about things like that. I have enough real stress, I don't have to make more for myself. We bought a new mattress 3 years ago. I was shocked by the prices and many choices but with my back and knee pain, I needed a new mattress. I knew I wanted a well-known national brand. I used Google to gather information on mattress types and what to look for in joint relief. With my pain, I needed medium firm. We went to a furniture store where we have an account but we didn't stretch it out. We told the salesman what we were looking for and gave him our price range and we threw of his recommendations and tested them. I felt foolish but hubby insisted and he was right. We each tested them out alone and then together. It was Goldilocks situation....lol. One was too firm. We made our choice. It was a king size mattress and box spring so we paid for delivery and set up and they took the old set and the packing materials with them so it was well worth the price.

Trusted Contributor

@Another new name Sue Mattress Firm   

I purchased them Memorial Day weekend when the mattresses were on sale.  

~Jersey Girls don't pump gas~
Esteemed Contributor

It doesn't matter what you test and lay down on...it's not the one you will receive!

I got a bed in a box and love it.  The different construction allows it to contour to your body.  No pressure points, just a good night's sleep.

Esteemed Contributor

@granddi 

I'm sorry to hear your S&F mattress is saggy.  That is the brand I'm looking at.  The series is the Estate 5000 Cushion. 

I don't think it is a pillow top, but I will check.

Honestly, I'm beginning to think that mattresses are now considered another "disposable" item not meant to least more than a few years.

And, there is no solution for the problem.  Once they start to dip, you just sink deeper and deeper Cat LOL

I am reminded of that scene from a Lucy episode where they are traveling and check into a dumpy motel for the night.  The beds are pathetic.  However, Ethel and Fred have a whole routine worked out to keep from sinking into the bed.  It's so funny!

Esteemed Contributor

@Zhills 

May I ask what brand you got and how long you have had it?

My husband suggested we go this route, but I was concerned we'd be right back to sleeping in a "bowl" in a few months.

Admittedly, I've not done any research on any brand, so I'd be interested in hearing in your experience.

Thanks.

Respected Contributor

@granddi wrote:

@Witchy Woman I'm waiting for the replies.

We have an Sterns and Foster Estate mattress that has develoved the sags. We are not big people either. So I don't have the answer but we will not repurchase S&F mattress nor recommend. 

I'm wondering if the Pillow Tops are the problem?

@granddi @Witchy Woman , Yes!!! The pillow tops will give out long before the mattress.  My S&F has not sagged. I was warned against the pillowtop and to add a topper if I wanted that feeling.

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Mattress shopping

[ Edited ]

I have an Inofia from Amazon.  Bought a 8" on sale for $123.  Best money I ever spent.  

It actually contours to your body!  You don't lay on the mattress.  You lay down and the mattress contours to your body.  Gave up a $1,700 S&F!  Hated it.  Felt like I was sleeping in a V.  

Good luck.  They come in all prices and thicknesses.

OCTAsmart® Hybrid Deluxe Mattress

Regular Contributor

Ashley, I purchased in store and had delivered years ago the best I have had. Still very comfortable. Recently tried an Ashley  full size on Amazon in box. Ordered a frame on Amazon ( no tools needed) and both very nice. Very easy, immediate set up for guest room.