Honored Contributor

Re: Matt Lauer fired from the Today show

@QueenDanceALot I think back to the days when I was young that men bragged that women were showing an attraction to them...that's what I based my comments on.Things have probably changed today but from my experiences it was the Wild West in the workplace.

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Power?

Media!!

It's the media's fault?

I don't think so.

Honored Contributor

There is a young man named Yashar Ali who is one of the reporters developing a story on Lauer and it looks like it's going to be tough to read.  It may not be so much what he did but the terror he put the women through to silence them.

I have been following Yashar for about a year now and trust his reporting as he is fair and calls out whichever person/side needs to be addressed.  I'll post his article as soon as I receive it.

This is his latest Tweet:

Yashar Ali  🐘Retweeted Yashar Ali  🐘

Lauer is among the worst I've heard about. Not in terms of the kind of misconduct but the way in which he manipulated these women into silence. It's evil, frightening stuff.

Honored Contributor

@dex wrote:

@QueenDanceALot I think back to the days when I was young that men bragged that women were showing an attraction to them...that's what I based my comments on.Things have probably changed today but from my experiences it was the Wild West in the workplace.

@dex

"Showing an attraction" is a far cry from sexual assault.

Esteemed Contributor

I too was a victim of s*xual harassment several times in my younger days.It’s not easy to try your best at a job & have unwanted advances by sleazy bosses!! I struggled with my desire to move up the corporate ladder & at the same time maintain my dignity.

I credit my DH for giving me the strength, guidance & encouragement to overcome it.I couldn’t come forward at that time for all the obvious reasons.I was good at my job & didn’t want to lose my career or livelihood. My DH worked in the same industry & this would have impacted his ability to earn a living as well.

My heart aches for all those who have ever been impacted by “ men behaving badly”. I hope that the public revelation & outing of this outrageous & unacceptable behavior leads to positive change in the workplace!!

No man or woman should ever be subjected to unwanted advances by a superior.It’s about time that the people responsible be exposed & held accountable.Anyone who knew & allowed it to continue are just as guilty!!

Women must be respected in the workplace!! 

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@Hoovermom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Power?

Media!!

It's the media's fault?

I don't think so.

They ignored all these women for years and years but are quick to pick up on other accusers.

QVC Customer Care

Respected Contributor

.Re: Matt Lauer fired from the Today show

Harassment, as in "Hey Baby want to get together?" and  "I like the way you look" even if these words were replaced with more vulgar languange, is harrassment only and not assault.   Assault is much worse and should be dealt with legally.   I mean, if a guy touched my rear, that's not a good thing, but I don't think that warrants criminal charges and getting fired from a job.

QVC Customer Care