Honored Contributor

Re: Matt Lauer fired from the Today show

I was getting a kick out of watching GMA report on it.  Robin Roberts seems to be the only class act over there lately on both integrity and perspective.  It's a shame she is a lone voice.

My money is personally on Michael Strahan to eventually represent ABC so we have the morning news program trifecta.

On a serious note, I really hate that these men and their families are losing their livelihoods and reputations on accusations alone.  I really hope that we all recognize how dangerous that will eventually become for all of us.   

Super Contributor

Not sure of the term of phrase I am looking for, but he always seemed to me the type who would be in front of the mirror taking longer to get ready than I would.  Metro$exual?

Respected Contributor

@CANDLEQUEEN wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I always suspected Natalie Morales knew something too.

@Bri36  Well it was rumored for a long time that she and Matt had an affair...........I tend to beive that was true!

I think so too.

Honored Contributor

@dooBdoo

I suspect that women were sold a bill of goods when they were told that the Se_ual Revolution would be a cure for all this.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

It's becoming tiresome-- every day it's another "perv du jour." Rich and powerful men abusing women. I've lost count already. It might be easier to just publish the names of those who are NOT accused-- it seems that would be a much shorter list.  Woman Surprised  Woman Frustrated

~~Be careful when you follow the masses. Sometimes the 'm' is silent.~~
Honored Contributor

I have no idea what the particular allegations are against Lauer, but I firmly believe that there needs to be a distinction drawn between making sexually provocative remarks to someone and physically assaulting them.

Having been the recipient of both, I know for certain that there is a huge difference in how serious the consequences are for the recipient.

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It is interesting to me to watch the difference in responses to each situation as it ccomes up.

Reaction 1 seems to be "oh, I hated the guy.  I knew it he was a sleazebag". (The Man Did It)

Reaction 2 seems to be "Where is the proof"? (The Women Can't All Be Telling the Truth)

Oh, and then there is the "Women do it, too" (I will be all ears when I hear that a woman (or lots of them!) in power has sexually assaulted a man.

@QueenDanceALot

I don't think workplace abuse is only sexual.  There are different kinds of abuses in the work place.  I have worked with and for women and have seen how evil many can be, just as mean and hateful as men who are sexually harrassing women, are women who are harrassing their coworkers, not necessarily sexually but with threats. Women are more cunning and more clever.  Women do not try to promote fellow female coworkers; they try to destroy them.

Some women in the workplace (not necessarily known lesbian women) have been known to sexually harrass female coworkers and in particular, subordinates.  There are all kinds of harrassment in the workplace but unless you have worked, you have only known what you were told from TV.

The male-on-male is a problem; women inventing stories of abuse by men when they are seeking promotion or pay increase, or just seeking attention also exists, whether we ever hear or not.  I have worked with such women.  If you ever worked for a large government entity or large corporation, you too have seen this.  

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I wonder how long NBC has been covering this up?  

Wonder if Cokie Roberts et. al. knew not to get in an elevator with him.

Honored Contributor

@sidsmom wrote:

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

Oh, and then there is the "Women do it, too" (I will be all ears when I hear that a woman (or lots of them!) in power has sexually assaulted a man.

@QueenDanceALot

I was referring to women assaulting women.

Again, there is no gender prerequisite to commit a certain crime.

The fact someone implies ‘women don’t do it’...that’s where 

it gets swept under the rug again...for our next generation to unearth.

@sidsmom

Yes, I got that.  I was referring to statements made in past threads - "BUT Women Do it Too", referring to women sexually assaulting men.  

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot The problem could be that it appears men wouldn't  think of a woman's sexual advances as unwanted and more as flattering to their ego....this too could change.

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

It is interesting to me to watch the difference in responses to each situation as it ccomes up.

Reaction 1 seems to be "oh, I hated the guy.  I knew it he was a sleazebag". (The Man Did It)

Reaction 2 seems to be "Where is the proof"? (The Women Can't All Be Telling the Truth)

Oh, and then there is the "Women do it, too" (I will be all ears when I hear that a woman (or lots of them!) in power has sexually assaulted a man.