QVC Customer Care

Re: Matt Lauer fired from the Today show

Esteemed Contributor

BRING BACK ANN CURRY!

They should stick it to him good!

Respected Contributor

I always suspected Natalie Morales knew something too.

Honored Contributor

I don't watch the morning shows ever.  But I'm guessing he's been reporting on all these instances of sexual misconduct? 

Did they mention Charlie Rose's firing on ABC and NBC?

There has to be a lump in one's throat reporting these stories--knowing they themselves are guilty.

Although the lump is most likely not because of the mistreatment, but the fact they'll be found out.

Not a fan of George I need a Step-Ladder-Opolous, but the last thing I want to hear is that he has done this, too.

I'm hoping not.

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

I read rumors she had skeletons in her closet too IDK? 

This opening is just what Megyn Kelly is living for.

Honored Contributor

...and there’s already a tweet for it. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Hoovermom wrote:

@Bri36 wrote:

I read rumors she had skeletons in her closet too IDK? 

This opening is just what Megyn Kelly is living for.

@Hoovermom

A "detailed complaint from a colleague," eh? Woman Wink

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Here's more:

Matt Lauer allegedly sexually assaulted a female NBC staffer during the Rio Olympics, sources told Page Six.

The staffer, who has not been named and wishes to remain anonymous, complained to NBC News bosses yesterday, prompting them to move fast and fire him.

A source told Page Six, “An NBC staffer come forward with a claim that Matt sexually assaulted her at the Olympics. There have been rumors about Matt having affairs with subordinates at NBC for years, but those were believed to be consensual. This incident in Rio was not.”

Another source tells us that the decision to fire Lauer was made late Tuesday night by NBC News chairman Andy Lack.

Lauer’s firing comes amid rumors that numerous news outlets were working on stories about the “Today” show anchor’s alleged sexual misconduct.

His wife, Annette, famously filed for divorce in 2006, accusing him of “cruel and inhumane” behavior, but withdrew the filing a month later after they reached a private agreement. They ostensibly live separate lives, she living full time in the Hamptons with their children, while Matt resides in the city during the week

Respected Contributor

@Bri36 wrote:

Rumor had it that they were having an affair back when she was still on the show. 

There have been stories about him cheating on his wife for years. She filed for divorce years ago but then withdrew the petition and stayed with him.