Honored Contributor

Re: Math-challenged here but even I know that two feet is not six feet

My experience has been, although not based on a very large sample, that older folks like me are observing it more carefully, but younger folks will get pretty close.    

I'm not saying anything by that.  I'm not fully certain why.  That's just the way it's worked out in my experience.   Smiley Happy

Honored Contributor

Agree heartily with @chickenbutt . Generally speaking, the older folks are following the recommendations. Those 40 and under are laughing it off (again, this is a generalization). A local bar had their open sign on and lots of cars outside in spite of our Governor's closure of them last week. No food is served at this place so I have no idea what they are thinking!

Honored Contributor

The only place where I am finding anyone observing social distancing is when I go out walking, but there aren't usually all that many people out walking when I'm out anyway.

The grocery store is another story.  Doesn't seem to me that anyone gives a $#!*.  They just want to make sure they get the last bag of frozen peas.

My trip to Trader Joe's was much better but that may have been because they actually limitied the number of people in the store and had markers at  check out lines.  People were still not doing any distancing if they were zero'd in on an item and you were in their way.

I am not encouraged by what I see as far as compliance.

SMH.

Respected Contributor

@suzyQ3 

Sometimes I think people have to hit the wall before they take things seriously. That does not help you. The devil in me would be tempted to start coughing because it would send people scattering.

And I would not want to get distance or size estimates  from that person.!

doxie

Trusted Contributor

I know you are trying not to ruffle feathers by not saying anything , but these stupid, selfish people are risking everyone's life around them and promoting the spread of the virus. You need to speak up. It does no good to tell us, except that we understand your frustration, tell them (please)!  The worse this gets, the lower the home values will go. like they did in 2008. I have finally dug myself out of the last recession and would like to minimize the damage this time, but I am pretty sure this will be worse.

Respected Contributor

It's so frustrating! I have asthma, so if I get this virus, I'm at greater risk of pneumonia and complications.

I hate that my own health and safety depends so much on the common sense and decency of others right now. I've bee out of the house once in 10 days.

Respected Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

It's so frustrating! I have asthma, so if I get this virus, I'm at greater risk of pneumonia and complications.

I hate that my own health and safety depends so much on the common sense and decency of others right now. I've bee out of the house once in 10 days.

I, too, have asthma and mine is complicated by allergies. I had a bad flare up recently. The diagnosis was asthmatic bronchitis. I coughed so hard I was short of breath sometimes. I do everything possible to avoid being infected with the coronavirus. It's been difficult at times.

Honored Contributor

Seems like the open sky makes people feel like they have distance. The distance from the sun to your head doesn't count as social distance! Woman Indifferent

When you’re accustomed to privilege, equality feels like oppression.
"Power without love is reckless and abusive, and love without power is sentimental and anemic." - Dr. Martin Luther King Jr
Honored Contributor

Thank you all. It's heartening to know that we are in agreement about this.

Unfortunately, this all may unravel anyway. I am beside myself.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

@suzyQ3 wrote:

Thank you all. It's heartening to know that we are in agreement about this.

Unfortunately, this all may unravel anyway. I am beside myself.

@suzyQ3 

After the update today I am as well.

Cat Sad