Honored Contributor

Re: Mass shooting in a yoga studio

[ Edited ]

@cherry wrote:

It wasn't like that in my Area @dooBdoo  I live in ther  north and everyone I know of ,hunted..My husband started as a boy

Even Biden said ,he would never give up his shotgun. I have never fired a gun in my life

@cherry, Experiences are different, for sure.   I just wanted to clarify that not everyone's was the same and also that those are hunting rifles...  a far cry from the deadly arsenals we see today at everyone's fingertips.   I've never fired a gun, myself, either.    I do hope you'll look into the film I recommended.

Few things reveal your intellect and your generosity of spirit—the parallel powers of your heart and mind—better than how you give feedback.~Maria Popova
Honored Contributor

I'm going to pass on that @dooBdoo  but thanks for suggesting it

Esteemed Contributor

I have no idea why someone would go into a yoga studio and kill people. I know people are beyond frustrated but some of the white male bashing going on in this thread is making things worse. It is in no way helping this problem. IMO

Wrong is still wrong just because you benefited from it.
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

I have no idea why someone would go into a yoga studio and kill people. I know people are beyond frustrated but some of the white male bashing going on in this thread is making things worse. It is in no way helping this problem. IMO

@Nancy Drew  I could be wrong but I thought the shooting had to do with a domestic issue?  Not a reason, for sure, but it didn't seem random.  Especially since the shooter killed himself.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

What?

When you lose some one you L~O~V~E, that Memory of them, becomes a TREASURE.
Honored Contributor

@cherry wrote:

There is always enough blame to go around

It's not always evenly spread around as some like to keep telling us.

Honored Contributor

@Nancy Drew wrote:

@Nancy Drew

Where is the white male bashing on here?

Honored Contributor

From where I set ,I feel like I am setting in a cross wind..I don't lean right, or left, and I never will

Honored Contributor

@QueenDanceALot wrote:

@cherry wrote:

There is always enough blame to go around

It's not always evenly spread around as some like to keep telling us.

@QueenDanceALot  Perception.  *sigh*  It's what drove you to post this.

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Contributor

Florida has a long dark history and reputation because of their gun laws.  Florida is always in the news for some gun related matter.  Florida is on a list of states that I do not care if I ever set foot in.