Honored Contributor

Re: Mass Shooting in Boulder

@golding76 First I must say I haven't read all the posts.

As i said on another board I am on, some people are just pure evil and there is no way to prevent evil from doing what evil does.

And I am sick of hearing that so many evil doers are mentally ill.

NO. Some people are just pure evil.

Esteemed Contributor

I heard this is the third largest mass shooting in Colorado: Columbine 13 dead; Aurora 12 dead and King Soopers 10 dead. It just breaks my heart that so many innocent people die at the hands of evil.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@elated 

Colorado has been the scene of a number of multiple fatal shootings in recent years, including these that made national headlines:

May 7, 2019 — Two students enter a charter school in Highlands Ranch, a Denver suburb near Littleton, and fire at fellow students in two locations. A student who tackles one of the gunmen is fatally shot, and eight others are wounded by gunfire. The two assailants are captured.

Dec. 31, 2017 — A sheriff’s deputy who barricaded himself in an apartment in Highlands Ranch engages in a gun battle with police officers responding to reports of a disturbance. One officer is killed and four are wounded before the police kill the gunman. Two civilians are wounded.

Nov. 27, 2015 A man armed with an assault-style rifle enters a Planned Parenthood clinic in Colorado Springs and opens fire, killing two civilians and a police officer who confronts him; nine other people are wounded in a 5-hour siege before the gunman surrenders = 12

Oct. 31, 2015 — A man carrying a semiautomatic rifle shoots and kills three people, apparently at random, on a residential street near downtown Colorado Springs, and then is confronted and shot dead by police officers.

July 20, 2012 — A man walks to the front of a crowded movie theater in Aurora during a midnight screening of a Batman film, sets off tear gas grenades and opens fire on the audience, killing 12 people and wounding 58 with gunfire. Another 12 are injured in the ensuing panic. The gunman is arrested in the theater parking lot.

https://www.nytimes.com/2021/03/22/us/colorado-mass-shootings.html

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

Heard on the news the shooter was taken into custody . No word on a motive or as to why there is such a hush on more facts of who & why 10 people are now dead.

Esteemed Contributor

From day one I have been in favor of Gun Control and whoever took it away made a huge mistake.  Yes, people can get guns but not as easily and the harder for them to get one the more people will be alive.  This killing along with all the others is horrendous and senseless.

Woman Mad

The moving finger writes; And having writ, Moves on: nor all your Piety nor Wit Shall lure it back to cancel half a Line Nor all your Tears Wash out a Word of it. Omar Khayam
Honored Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mersha 

"I wonder why that is"? 
I'm waiting for you to answer your own question. This question comes across to me as "you knowing". Just sayin! 
hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Esteemed Contributor

Eric Talley was the Police Officer killed. He was the father of seven children. His oldest son is 20. This is so heartbreaking. 

Honored Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

From day one I have been in favor of Gun Control and whoever took it away made a huge mistake.  Yes, people can get guns but not as easily and the harder for them to get one the more people will be alive.  This killing along with all the others is horrendous and senseless.

Woman Mad

@Lindsays Grandma 

Not sure when the "day 1" you sited might have been. This I can tell you from my own personal experience. There is "Gun Control" in my home, and also when it is on my person.

My legal gun doesn't need "control" it stays exactly where I want it to stay, and does absolutely nothing without "my control". The Gun has no control, I have the control.

Stating my view of Gun Control because I have personal experience with it, and have for close to 10 years now. And not once has it taken control of me. Nothing but my facts about my definition of "Gun Control".

hckynut 

hckynut(john)
Trusted Contributor

@Lindsays Grandma wrote:

Woman Mad

When you are a thug wanting a gun, you will have absolutely no trouble in obtaining one! The only thing gun control will do is making it harder for law abiding citizens to obtain one to protect themselves.

Respected Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@Mom2Dogs wrote:

@golding76   There will always be evil, sick people in this world.  Destructive weapons are not the problem...it's the people using them.

@Mom2Dogs  There are "evil, sick people" all over the world yet the US leads every country with mass shootings.

I wonder why that is????

Right.  It's the people using them.  So true.  Of course there IS an evil entity down here on earth that likes to transform himself into an angel of light.....