Honored Contributor

Re: Mass Shooting in Boulder

@Anonymous032819 wrote:

@chessylady 

There is already another thread about this horrible tragedy. It's called "Your Prayers Please", by Seannie.

😭 🙏 😭 🙏 😭

@Anonymous032819. Which is an excellent reason why a thread title should let people know what a thread is about.

Super Contributor

Two new mass shootings in recent days after many months of not having this is our daily news.  A sad sign that our country is getting "back to normal" in the aftermath of covid.

The former and current and still "MrsSweetieBear".
Respected Contributor

@gertrudecloset   I saw earlier that the police had a man in handcuffs that seemed to have a leg injury.

It was either the shooter or a person of interest.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Esteemed Contributor

@Mersha wrote:

@gertrudecloset   I saw earlier that the police had a man in handcuffs that seemed to have a leg injury.

It was either the shooter or a person of interest.

That's what I just read too.  A lot of the times, I don't know about some news stories until I see them here, then go research @Mersha 

A Negative Mind ~ Will give you a Negative Life
Esteemed Contributor

The news conference said there are 10 fatalities. The police officer was 51 years old and with the department for 10 years. They have the suspect in custody. 

Esteemed Contributor

The Colorado NewsLine website has more details and a statement from the top Police Officer.  They are saying "at least 6 dead" but it doesn't sound like they are sure if they're may be more.  A police officer is amongst those killed.  The individual IS in custody, so it is no longer an "active shooting."

Thank goodness the police have been able to apprehend before even more carnage!

https://coloradonewsline.com/2021/03/22/at-least-six-killed-in-mass-shooting-at-boulder-king-soopers...

Esteemed Contributor

@elated wrote:

The news conference said there are 10 fatalities. The police officer was 51 years old and with the department for 10 years. They have the suspect in custody. 

Oh my goodness @elated more than I just posted.  This is so distressing.  Ten dead (not six).  SMH.

QVC Customer Care
Honored Contributor

World history repeating itself.  

No excuse in our present days though.  

We should have evolved way more now than 'way back when' hundreds and thousands of years ago.

I don't know.......seems as though sometimes society has evolved / reverted backward, in the great scheme of things.

It might be in human kind's DNA.   I'm talking as a society.

Good people, bad people, in-between people.

Similar to a litter of puppies.  Each with different temperaments.  Some good, calm.  Others are 'mean' / biters.

Reminds me of a woman who was living with a family of young cheetahs out in the wild. 

Some were calm, nice, wandered over to her in a nice, trusting way. 

Others were just plain 'mean'.  Ready to attack.

'Oh, well'.  What to do, what to do.  

It could be 'human nature':   Humans in nature.  The nature of humans.  

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).
Esteemed Contributor

It could be 'human nature':   Humans in nature.  The nature of humans (all of them ~ and not specific group)

@ROMARY