Esteemed Contributor

Masks, brackets and extenders

Our son is chef at a brew pub and is complaining to my DH about how uncomfortable full time mask wearing is.  We decided to send him ( via Amazon) ten mask brackets and ten mask extenders so he can share with his crew.

Honored Contributor

Re: Masks, brackets and extenders

@patbz 

What is a mask bracket?

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

A mask bracket is made of silicone and looks like a small hockey face guard and goes inside your facemask; it holds your mask away from your face, so you aren't so hot.  If you had to wear a mask for 8-10 hours straight you might really appreciate these!

Respected Contributor

THANKS for posting this.  I wasn't aware of these.  I rarely go anywhere where a mask is required, but for folks who MUST wear one, these would be a tremendous help!

ETERNITY: your choice... smoking or non smoking!
Honored Contributor

@patbz 

Thanks for the explanation! That does sound handy!

You never know how strong you are until being strong is the only choice you have.
Trusted Contributor

@patbz     Thats very thoughtful!  I did not even know that there was such a thing.  You are a great mom!  

Honored Contributor

I feel so very bad that people that have to work under such a condition that it makes them so uncomfortable, esp under hot conditions.  It's almost in-humane.  My sympathies for him

Esteemed Contributor

Hope he and his coworkers like them.  Can't imagine all day mask wear.

Honored Contributor

Maybe I need one of those to keep the mask away from my face. Every time I wear one just running to the grocery store my face around my cheeks, mouth chin area gets all red & irritated.

I could not imagine working & wearing one for 8 hrs +.

Esteemed Contributor

Talked to DH about maybe ordering 2 more sets of ten and giving them out to medical staff members with whom we routinely interface.