Respected Contributor

Masks Off Time to Smile Again

Is it wonderful walking into any store and see someone smile at you.

It doesn't have to be a big wide smile but just a little goes a long way.

Remember it may not be beneficial to you (probably will) but you can't imagine what it means to them.

Honored Contributor

Re: Masks Off Time to Smile Again

It's not "universal" where I live.    And as long as store employees still wear masks.......so will I.

♥Surface of the Sun♥
Respected Contributor

I had my first (very)brief conversation with someone in a grocery store today. It was really nice. 

Honored Contributor

@tucsongal wrote:

I had my first (very)brief conversation with someone in a grocery store today. It was really nice. 

I still wear a mask and I talk to people who are wearing a mask or not.  Masks don't stop me from yacking lol or smilingSmiley Happy

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Just Bling   I agree!  Most people have stopped wearing them.  I stopped awhile ago.  People seem happier and I doubt they will ever wear them again.   I know I won't. 

Trusted Contributor

What keeps me wearing a mask indoors are the people out there

who still haven't/won't get vaccinated.  Just today, in small talk at

the store during check-out, I asked the checker if he had been

vaccinated.  He said "no" and just shrugged.  Those folks are

everywhere. 

Honored Contributor

@Susan in California wrote:

everywhere. 

@Susan in California 

I don't understand .....   Wasn't the point of you getting vaccinated to protect you from the virus, regardless of what anyone else has done?  

Honored Contributor

@Tinkrbl44 wrote:

@Susan in California wrote:

everywhere. 

@Susan in California 

I don't understand .....   Wasn't the point of you getting vaccinated to protect you from the virus, regardless of what anyone else has done?  

That's what they want; to keep us confused.  It's whatever they want us to believe that day.  Messing with out heads.

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

Ok you got vaccinated-now you are "immune" and cannot die from Covid-19-so why do you still wear a mask?  Why do you fear people who did not take the vaccine if you are immune?  How can they possibly affect you?  If you fear the un-vaccinated what good is the vaccine?  If you say there is a new "variant" every week, because they say so, that can infect everyone then what good is the current shot?   Fact is that it has never been claimed that the vaccines would make people immune to the virus.  They're meant to minimize the symptoms.  Vaccinated people can and will be carriers, and the reason is and always has been your body’s natural immune system works better than any vaccine when it is fully able to.  And this vaccine allows those that would normally have a hard time getting "antibodies" for this virus to be able to do so, without deadly side effects.  

They do not know all the side effects from these shots are yet.  That is why everyone who got a shot signed a piece of paper absolving the pharma companies of ANY liability for this emergency use vaccine.  

The masks that most used, while I'm sure was better than nothing, were in fact nothing more than particle masks.  And they in no way prevent anyone from getting this virus.  It gave people a feeling of safety and security when all talk was gloom and doom.  And it allowed people who had to still work be able to step outside without full blown panic.  MIT did a study and found the whole "6ft" rule to be false.  At this point many realize that it's ok to take your mask off and you will be fine.  Anyone notice they are no longer sanitizing shopping carts?  IF this virus was still as big a threat, no way would ANY restrictions be lifted.  It would be political/business suicide.   Where I'm at in Virginia very few still wear a mask.   

Funny thing is there never were any guidelines into disposing of all these masks without spreading the infection, since surely if they trap the virus in them, they are in fact THE most infectious thing out there.  Doctors/health practitioners that use them have a protocol for disposal and they use the masks ONE time for ONE patient.   Keep in mind the vaccine has always been an "emergency use" vaccine.  It should have been administered to the most vulnerable, since they now know the lower in age you go the far less a risk you have of a severe outcome from this virus.  Thirty years and younger they now know have a greater risk of being hit by lightning  and 20 and younger are having more issues with the vaccine than with the virus.  And no child (unless they are immune-suppressed and doctor recommended) should get this shot since they have NO clue what it will do when these kids go through puberty.  They don't know what it will do down the road to all the adults with certain conditions, and medications down the road. 

Keep wearing a mask if it makes you feel safer, get a shot if you are in the most vulnerable group.    When someone says to me "I did my research before I decided to get the vaccine" My reply will always be "You are the research".   And I dropped my mask as soon as businesses dropped their signs.   And yes, it is good to see people smile.  And from what I see in my area a lot of people are happy and smiling again. 

masks.png

Respected Contributor

Some of our local stores still have signs up to please wear your mask if you've not been vaccinated. The store clerks all seem to still wear them in the grocery stores so I'm assuming they've either not been vaccinated or aren't sure the vaccination works. I always looked into people's eyes but realized during this that the eyes tell a story but it must go along with the mouth/smile. I've not worn lipstick for over a year and now all my colors are looking quite dull.