Honored Contributor

Re: Mary Nelson is so honest. Her goodbye has ME in tears.

There was not one word from Mary on anyone making cruel remarks to her.  I don't know why the OP said that.

Esteemed Contributor

Mary did mention that when she auditioned she wondered about how her weight and voice would be perceived.  But she never mentioned comments from viewers or posters.

Honored Contributor

@San Antonio Gal wrote:

There was not one word from Mary on anyone making cruel remarks to her.  I don't know why the OP said that.

@San Antonio Gal  I totally agree.  I don't know where the OP got that from.  She just stated she was afraid that people wouldn't like her because of her accent or her curves.  She is such a kind and humble lady.

Honored Contributor

@BirkiLady wrote:

What a beautiful woman inside and out. Such honesty; spoken from her heart. It's painful to hear how mean viewers have treated her.

I hope she knows how much many of us loved her professionalism, gentle manner and kindness to everyone. She's so unique and a valuable person. What a loss for QVC, but Mary deserves to much better than snide remarks!

What a great video Mary sent to QVC! That was amazing to watch. No nerves, no hemming around or frightened look in your beautiful eyes. You have always been the one out of that group of trainees who knew the ropes best and was comfortable on air first. Your grace and dignity have shown through. I'm so sorry your "dream job" wasn't what you anticipated. But you gave it one great try! Be extremely proud of yourself. It's time to put your priorities in place and do what is best for you and your husband. Nebraskan's await your return!!   

What a gain for Omaha and all surrounding states (i.e. Nebraska, Iowa, Missouri and Kansas) and their residents who welcome Mary's return with open arms! We Heart you, Mary, and will not cause tears in Nebraska. So happy to have you home! 

@BirkiLady Can you explain this further?  You heard how mean viewers treated Mary??  Heard where?  When did this happen.? This thread now has some people responding -- oh my, I didn't know she left because of mean viewers... 

Honored Contributor

I think of all the newer hosts, Mary received the least criticism than most of the others. 

She was an absolute delight.

I don't know what the OP is talking about...

Honored Contributor

I didn’t hear anything about mean viewers.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Right here, there were some who criticized her when she first started at QVC...mostly for a quivering voice.  It was cruel.

Anyway, she overcame and became one of QVC's best hosts.  Being a real professional, she concentrated on those who lifted her up rather than those who tore her down.  

I'm sad to see her go.  

Honored Contributor

@Foxxee wrote:

Right here, there were some who criticized her...mostly for a quivering voice.  It was cruel and uncalled for.

Anyway, she overcame and became one of QVC's best hosts.  As a real professional, she concentrated on those who lifted her up rather than those who tore her down.  

I'm sad to see her go.  

@Foxxee I’ve seen all the hosts criticized here on the forums. Sometimes the mods delete them,sometimes not. It has been this way forever.

Honored Contributor

Quivering voice.  That's the name for it.  The only time I've ever seen this woman was on the *farewell* show link provided. 

I thought all through the Christmas items presentation she was full of emotion because she knew it was her last show and I know when I'm ready to cry---that's the voice I have! --(I hate that!).

Good for her for leaving when she's needed at home and as someone else posted, QVC said she can come back any time.  That's an open door.

The demo tape surprised me though.

Trusted Contributor

She was a wonderful host.  And I will miss her so much!!!!