Reply
Honored Contributor
Posts: 18,590
Registered: ‎07-26-2014

👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

Mary J. Blige is sharing the intimate details about her uncoupling from her estranged husband Kendu Issacs. And she's not holding back. She gets down to the nitty, gritty about the overwhelming disrespect from Kendu, his spousal demands and much more. Highlights from her raw interview inside…

We’ve all been watching Mary J. Blige’s nasty divorce from her estranged husband/former manager Kendu Isaacs play out in the media. But, she’s soldiering through it like a G.

The “No More Drama” singer stopped by Power 105 to chop it up with radio personality Angie Martinez to open up and share the intimate details of her pending divorce.

“Unfortunately he was my everything and you can’t make a person your everything, because you’re giving them too much power, you’re giving them God’s power. And this is why thing like this happen. So, I just gave him way too much but I gave him all of that so he can feel comfortable, you know, in the company of my peers. When he comes around, he’s not just my Mary J. Blige’s husband.”

So very true. When you make a person your everything it gives them too much power they shouldn’t have had in the first place.

After being with her estranged husband for 16 years (and married for 13 of those years), Mary said she realized he no longer wanted to be with her. He started complaining about things she wasn’t doing that she never did in the relationship and she said the disrespect had gotten to a point where it was just TOO much.

“The overwhelming disrespect. Just disrespect, you’re too familiar, you’re way too familiar and you’re disrespecting me and I know, I can sense that I’m not what you want anymore. Because now you start throwing questions around like “ok why you don’t cook?” I haven’t been cooking. “Why you don’t wear your hair like that?” I never wore my hair like this before what’s up with you? You know, so you start to realize that this man doesn’t want you and he’s just gone all the time and you’re by yourself in the relationship. You realize you’re just by yourself in the relationship and you’re just suffering through it. Now it’s time to do some investigating.”

Mary reacted to Kendu’s demands of spousal support. It’s reported he gunning for over 100K/month….even NOW while they hash out the divorce details because he has grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle.

“I don’t owe you anything. It’s not fair, so this is very mean. This is very mean to just keep sitting on this and demanding this type of money and taking me through all this sh*t. I can’t believe you’re trying to stick me up and no disrespect to his family at all, you know, but I’m not responsible for you. I don’t have any children with you. I’m not responsible for anything else with you anymore.”

Facts.

When news broke that Mary was going through a divorce, it was followed by news that she would be hitting the road to go on tour. Mary said she decided to go on tour because she needed her fans to help keep her mind off all of the madness that was going on around her.

“I mean, Angie, I needed that. I needed to be somewhere other than home thinking about all of this foolishness. You know, these lawyers and this and that and, you know just all the stupidity. I needed to be somewhere where I can vent and express myself and use my music as my own therapy you know, and get some energy back from the fans.”

With a new album on the horizon (titled Strength of a Woman), she said her music has been therapy during this tough time.

“I’m glad, I’m happy, unfortunately in this situation my fans will be happy, they’re gonna be happy anyway but you know but it’s healing time. And a lot of us want to get through some stuff that we don’t want to tell nobody about. But I’mma tell. This is what I’m here for.”

Will she ever get married again? “Right now, no, I will never get married again.”

 

SIDEBAR:  Why do these celebs need to air their dirty laundry?  Oh wait, I know.......

 

Mary's new album Strength of a Woman drops April 28th. whistling.gif

 

 

FULL INTERVIEW VIDEO

"Never argue with a fool. Onlookers may not be able to tell the difference."


220-AuCC-US-CRM-Header-Update.gif

Honored Contributor
Posts: 11,447
Registered: ‎01-22-2016

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

Hollywood of Yesteryear Never Disclosed private lives. Sad state of times we live in. Mz Imac excellent observation! Launch of album.
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,069
Registered: ‎05-27-2016

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀


@Sweet_Serenity wrote:
Hollywood of Yesteryear Never Disclosed private lives. Sad state of times we live in. Mz Imac excellent observation! Launch of album.

No, maybe not quite like this, (no 24/7 access back then.  What she's doing isn't new @Sweet_Serenity.

*Call Tyrone*
Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,069
Registered: ‎05-27-2016

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

[ Edited ]

@Mz iMac wrote:

Mary J. Blige is sharing the intimate details about her uncoupling from her estranged husband Kendu Issacs. And she's not holding back. She gets down to the nitty, gritty about the overwhelming disrespect from Kendu, his spousal demands and much more. Highlights from her raw interview inside…

We’ve all been watching Mary J. Blige’s nasty divorce from her estranged husband/former manager Kendu Isaacs play out in the media. But, she’s soldiering through it like a G.

The “No More Drama” singer stopped by Power 105 to chop it up with radio personality Angie Martinez to open up and share the intimate details of her pending divorce.

“Unfortunately he was my everything and you can’t make a person your everything, because you’re giving them too much power, you’re giving them God’s power. And this is why thing like this happen. So, I just gave him way too much but I gave him all of that so he can feel comfortable, you know, in the company of my peers. When he comes around, he’s not just my Mary J. Blige’s husband.”

So very true. When you make a person your everything it gives them too much power they shouldn’t have had in the first place.

After being with her estranged husband for 16 years (and married for 13 of those years), Mary said she realized he no longer wanted to be with her. He started complaining about things she wasn’t doing that she never did in the relationship and she said the disrespect had gotten to a point where it was just TOO much.

“The overwhelming disrespect. Just disrespect, you’re too familiar, you’re way too familiar and you’re disrespecting me and I know, I can sense that I’m not what you want anymore. Because now you start throwing questions around like “ok why you don’t cook?” I haven’t been cooking. “Why you don’t wear your hair like that?” I never wore my hair like this before what’s up with you? You know, so you start to realize that this man doesn’t want you and he’s just gone all the time and you’re by yourself in the relationship. You realize you’re just by yourself in the relationship and you’re just suffering through it. Now it’s time to do some investigating.”

Mary reacted to Kendu’s demands of spousal support. It’s reported he gunning for over 100K/month….even NOW while they hash out the divorce details because he has grown accustomed to a certain lifestyle.

“I don’t owe you anything. It’s not fair, so this is very mean. This is very mean to just keep sitting on this and demanding this type of money and taking me through all this sh*t. I can’t believe you’re trying to stick me up and no disrespect to his family at all, you know, but I’m not responsible for you. I don’t have any children with you. I’m not responsible for anything else with you anymore.”

Facts.

When news broke that Mary was going through a divorce, it was followed by news that she would be hitting the road to go on tour. Mary said she decided to go on tour because she needed her fans to help keep her mind off all of the madness that was going on around her.

“I mean, Angie, I needed that. I needed to be somewhere other than home thinking about all of this foolishness. You know, these lawyers and this and that and, you know just all the stupidity. I needed to be somewhere where I can vent and express myself and use my music as my own therapy you know, and get some energy back from the fans.”

With a new album on the horizon (titled Strength of a Woman), she said her music has been therapy during this tough time.

“I’m glad, I’m happy, unfortunately in this situation my fans will be happy, they’re gonna be happy anyway but you know but it’s healing time. And a lot of us want to get through some stuff that we don’t want to tell nobody about. But I’mma tell. This is what I’m here for.”

Will she ever get married again? “Right now, no, I will never get married again.”

 

SIDEBAR:  Why do these celebs need to air their dirty laundry?  Oh wait, I know.......

 

Mary's new album Strength of a Woman drops April 28th. whistling.gif

 

 

FULL INTERVIEW VIDEO


@Mz iMac, I have seen the video for the first single already.  She looks good and I'm rooting for her.  Also, this is what their fans want.  They want the gossip and the ins and outs of it all.  THAT'S WHY they air their dirty laundry.  That's why they will continue to air their dirty laundry.

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor
Posts: 19,210
Registered: ‎03-14-2010

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

I don't understand why "Hollywood" ever gets married in the first place.

Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,223
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

What is the name of that song of her's?  It's older.

 

Can't think of ONE WORD of it. 

 

But I know you know the name of the song. 

 

Okay, the beat sounds a little bit like the music from Jaws when the shark is around.

 

Help me out here.  I love it!

 

Anyone?

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 5,069
Registered: ‎05-27-2016

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀


@Lucky Charm wrote:

What is the name of that song of her's?  It's older.

 

Can't think of ONE WORD of it. 

 

But I know you know the name of the song. 

 

Okay, the beat sounds a little bit like the music from Jaws when the shark is around.

 

Help me out here.  I love it!

 

Anyone?


@Lucky Charm how can you remember that you like it if you can't remember the words?  LOL.  Anyway you can google and it might pop up.  Mary has had a lot of hits (she's been around since the early 90's).

*Call Tyrone*
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,223
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀


@itiswhatitis wrote:

@Lucky Charm wrote:

What is the name of that song of her's?  It's older.

 

Can't think of ONE WORD of it. 

 

But I know you know the name of the song. 

 

Okay, the beat sounds a little bit like the music from Jaws when the shark is around.

 

Help me out here.  I love it!

 

Anyone?


@Lucky Charm how can you remember that you like it if you can't remember the words?  LOL.  Anyway you can google and it might pop up.  Mary has had a lot of hits (she's been around since the early 90's).


LOL.  I hear it every once in a while (and it is old old old) and I swear I want to say out loud (to strangers) what is the name of this song?  But I'm too shy? Woman Very Happy

Esteemed Contributor
Posts: 7,829
Registered: ‎03-18-2010

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀

@Lucky Charm is it No More Drama? 

 

I LOVE Mary J Blige. I was just listening the Ricky Smiley show this morning and they were talking about what her husband was asking for and they were NOT kind to him at all. They were saying he was less than a man for asking this of her when she has already made his life much better financially than he was. They were saying he had an attitude of entitlement. His is requesting that she pay his child support and for his parents care as well. 

 

Many people will say well if roles were reversed, no one would make a peep and think she deserved the money. I disagree. First off, his kids and parents are not her responsibility. Secondly it isn't like he stayed home taking care of the kids so she could start her career. He already had his kids and he greatly benefited from dating and marrying her. Her was her manager and she was already very popular when they married. It wasn't like he was the key to her success. He is now complaining that he cannot find a job because he is being blacklisted because more people are on her side.

 

I don't think he will receive nothing financially but what he is asking for is absolutely ridiculous and I hope the judge makes that clear. 

Those who make peaceful revolution impossible will make violent revolution inevitable.
JFK
Highlighted
Honored Contributor
Posts: 13,223
Registered: ‎03-09-2010

Re: 👀 Mary J Blige Shares The Real Deal About Her Divorce 👀


@Irshgrl31201 wrote:

@Lucky Charm is it No More Drama? 

 

I LOVE Mary J Blige. I was just listening the Ricky Smiley show this morning and they were talking about what her husband was asking for and they were NOT kind to him at all. They were saying he was less than a man for asking this of her when she has already made his life much better financially than he was. They were saying he had an attitude of entitlement. His is requesting that she pay his child support and for his parents care as well. 

 

Many people will say well if roles were reversed, no one would make a peep and think she deserved the money. I disagree. First off, his kids and parents are not her responsibility. Secondly it isn't like he stayed home taking care of the kids so she could start her career. He already had his kids and he greatly benefited from dating and marrying her. Her was her manager and she was already very popular when they married. It wasn't like he was the key to her success. He is now complaining that he cannot find a job because he is being blacklisted because more people are on her side.

 

I don't think he will receive nothing financially but what he is asking for is absolutely ridiculous and I hope the judge makes that clear. 


No that was actually the last song I just listened to.  I pulled up about 15 of her *hits* on youtube and played a bit of each one of them.

 

And now I know for sure the song I'm thinging about is not Mary J. Blige!Woman Very Happy