Regular Contributor

Mary Beth Presentation Peter Thomas Roth

Mary Beth is on right now presenting Peter Thomas Roth.  In her presentation of his 5 piece classic set she tells us  if you have someone's birthday or anniversary coming up this would be a great gift. Seriously? I'm going to get someone who is another year older a PTR anti aging set. Yeah, that will make her feel better about being another year older.  And an anniversary gift. Are you kidding. Who would want this as an anniversary gift. I wouldn't . The things they will say to sell an item. 

Respected Contributor

Re: Mary Beth Presentation Peter Thomas Roth

i would love it!

~~who/what is responsible for your joy? YOU!~~
Honored Contributor

@joann1218 wrote:

Mary Beth is on right now presenting Peter Thomas Roth.  In her presentation of his 5 piece classic set she tells us  if you have someone's birthday or anniversary coming up this would be a great gift. Seriously? I'm going to get someone who is another year older a PTR anti aging set. Yeah, that will make her feel better about being another year older.  And an anniversary gift. Are you kidding. Who would want this as an anniversary gift. I wouldn't . The things they will say to sell an item. 

No one better ever get me skin care for a Bday gift, unless I specifically ask for it.

Honored Contributor

Someday I would love to see a poster send a message about what the hosts SHOULD say.  Am I the only one who can identify the problem but cannot come up with the info that would describe what's being sold AND appeal to enough buyers that hundreds (thousands maybe) of buyers will come forth?

Honored Contributor

I love his products so I would def buy for close family and friends for birthdays!

Esp if it were a well priced kit!  My sister always gives me different gifts of products she is enjoying.

I don't nit-pick on everything hosts say, so it doesn't bother me in the least.

Honored Contributor

@millieshops wrote:

Someday I would love to see a poster send a message about what the hosts SHOULD say.  Am I the only one who can identify the problem but cannot come up with the info that would describe what's being sold AND appeal to enough buyers that hundreds (thousands maybe) of buyers will come forth?

You're special.

Respected Contributor

Another sales tactic.

How on earth would you choose skin care for another person that they would want and use unless you were a family member or close friend and knew they wanted it.

Skin care is such a personal issue.

"Justice will not be served until those who are unaffected are as outraged as those who are." BF
Honored Contributor

I have that kit and would have loved to have received it for my 72 birthday!!  What better time to get an anti aging kit other than a birthday.  Wouldn't give as an anniversary??? present but birthday, sure!

Honored Contributor

Well, it's sold out ("waitlist only"), so some people must've thought it was a good deal.  I use the PTR line, so I'd have been pleased to receive it as a gift - birthday, Christmas or any other time!

Honored Contributor

• Hosts are sales people and they can't have dead air, they have to talk and they have to push the product.  Sometimes they say silly things.  I can certainly see giving it to someone as a gift if I know the person would appreciate it.  Good grief, just about every woman of a certain age knows she doesn't look like she's 35 and understands the importance of a skincare regimine.  We wouldn't gift it to someone who doesn't care about such things.