Trusted Contributor

Worked today but had the TV on in my office.  Saw a little of the L.A. parade but honestly speaking, it was a real bore so off it went

Honored Contributor

Our town doesn't have an MLK Day parade, but they don't have parades for any other particular individuals either.  We get one community parade in the summer.

Esteemed Contributor
No parade but a several commemorations and an ecumenical prayer breakfast was held.

We participated in a food/coat drive. It was bitterly cold so I was glad to have the opportunity to help our local citizens in need.
Honored Contributor

I'm so glad I'm not working, because where I worked there were so many racists, that on MLK

day the nasty jokes and snarky comments were hard to listen to.I made it clear that I didn't want to hear it, but those cretins just don't care.

" You are entitled to your opinion. But you are not entitled to your own facts."
Daniel Patrick Moynihan
Trusted Contributor

No parade in my area. No day off work or school except for the university here. I believe a small group of college students held a march across campus and I'm sure MLK was discussed in the schools but other than that it was just another day here.