Contributor

I saw Martha Stewart selling a 7lb ham for $160 bucks.  For that price, I expect her to come to my house and cook it for me.  

Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart spiral ham

phillygirl, you tickle me. Would really love to go to Martha's home. Cannot afford a 160.00 ham Guess will sub SPAM! LOL

Respected Contributor

Honey Baked hams are expensive.  I’m not sure if it would cost $160 though 

Honored Contributor

It feeds 15 so that is about  $10 a portion. I think this is a gourmet  cut/type of meat.  For a celebration  I don't feel it is out of line. If I took everyone to a restaurant if would be far more than this

Contributor

I think that is really high too.  You can buy a spiral cut, honey ham from Costco for much less.  They cost between $21 and $25 dollars depending on the pounds.  They are all between 7 to 9 lbs.  It's crazy what the food from QVC costs.

Honored Contributor

@schorschThose Costco hams are good...don’t believe that Martha’s could be that much better.Trader Joe’s sells great hams too for way less.

Trusted Contributor

They’re outta their minds charging that. I’ve tasted her food. It’s all brand and hype, but no taste. By the way, “natural flavorings” or “natural seasonings” listed in ingredients can mean monosodium glutamate (msg), nitrates or any other bad ingredients. The FDA allows manufacturers to list bad ingredients this way now. Unless it says what the “natural ingredients” are, assume manufacturers are hiding something. Martha made a point of saying no bad things in her ham, but I don’t think she even knows what those “natural ingredients” are in her own ham. I’ll give her the benefit of the doubt on this one. I don’t buy anything unless they list what those natural ingredients are, individually. Reputable companies will list ingredients individually, but those items are sold in stores like Whole Foods, Sprouts.....or in the healthy food section of the grocery store. 

Honored Contributor

That did make me laugh out loud.  I don't care where you live, you can get nice spiral cut ham and you don't have pawn your wedding band...lol   I was about to order some strombolis from Evine, they looked delish and they probably are but when I did the mental math when you add in $10 shipping, it came to abour $11 for each of the 6...lol   Nothing is THAT good.

Honored Contributor

Check out Creekstone Farms website. $79.99 for same ham and same weight. No nitrates and gluten free.

If someone can tell me the difference between Martha's ham sold here (Creekstone Farms) and the website's Creekstone Farms,  I would love to hear from them....

Esteemed Contributor

@KetraConfident MS does know what MSG and additives are! You are underestimating an intelligent and very successful woman. Her line of products are excellent and top-quality. "You get what you pay for" is an old adage . . . and Martha's brand certainly lives up to it well. I buy her products with 100% trust. Delighted she's on QVC . . . since she is one of less than a handful of vendors I actually trust enough to make a purchase from QVC. The quality is superb.

Money screams; wealth whispers.