Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart snowblower???

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I have no problem with her products in general, but when purchasing a relatively expensive piece of home maintenance equipment like a snow blower, I would not choose Martha Stewart brand!  It’s almost funny to me.

@Another new name Sue.  They're the Snow Joe equipment that QVC sells only Martha has her particular colors on hers. Hasn't QVC been selling that Snow Joe stuff for awhile? I usually don't watch to tool shows but that brand sounds very familiar.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Another new name Sue wrote:

I have no problem with her products in general, but when purchasing a relatively expensive piece of home maintenance equipment like a snow blower, I would not choose Martha Stewart brand!  It’s almost funny to me.

@Another new name Sue.  They're the Snow Joe equipment that QVC sells only Martha has her particular colors on hers. Hasn't QVC been selling that Snow Joe stuff for awhile? I usually don't watch to tool shows but that brand sounds very familiar.

@proudlyfromNJ  You are correct-the snowblower is a Snow Joe with her colors, including that green mint she is famous for.  LOL

I don't picture Martha doing her own snow-blowing and maybe Snow Joe is banking on increased sales by appealing to female customers.  

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.  Hi Cakers, She seems very hands on with all the work around her farm. Buzzing around with a truck and snow plow. I think she really likes to get her hands dirty and into everything. I like that she has so many animals on her farm and takes good care of them. Of course she has an army of full time gardeners, animal caretakers and house caretakers. The Snow Joe stuff doesn't look very sturdy to me.

Honored Contributor

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Cakers3.  Hi Cakers, She seems very hands on with all the work around her farm. Buzzing around with a truck and snow plow. I think she really likes to get her hands dirty and into everything. I like that she has so many animals on her farm and takes good care of them. Of course she has an army of full time gardeners, animal caretakers and house caretakers. The Snow Joe stuff doesn't look very sturdy to me.

@proudlyfromNJ   Hi-I know on her shows she would be all Ma Walton but I've always wondered about how much she does vs. her myriad of workers in the background.  She has said that she only gets about 4 hours sleep, but that was a long time ago.

She has 3(?) houses so that's quite a bit of running around in the winter-one in NY, one in Maine and one somewhere else.

I think her image is promoted to fit the show but not necessarily 100% accurate.

I still like Martha and miss her old shows-the "pre-prison" shows as I like to say.  lol

I don't know about the snow blower but I did buy (me, not DH) the Sun Joe telecopic  chainsaw and it works great.  Easy pay, too.  lol

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Honored Contributor

@Cakers3.  I don't think she goes to those other houses in the winter. Pretty sure there are armies of caretakers there.

Yes I read about the four hours sleep. I haven't watched any of her tv stuff, just read her blog.

Oh, I saw her demonstrate the piece of equipment you spoke about. 

Esteemed Contributor

Ha, I laughed when I saw that, too. Obviously manufactured by someone else and she puts her name on it. That's fine but I want to know what is "under" the name before I buy it and price check it from there for quality, too.

Esteemed Contributor

I have one of the battery powered snow blowers - mainly because the electric one has a weird plug on it that my extension cords would not work with & so that sits unused in the garage.  I hate it when they do non-standard plugs on things.  I don't want to have to buy a "snow joe" extension cord to power it.

Honored Contributor

i've only purchased her craft items.....and of them, I have many!  Top notch items!  I see nothing wrong with her branching out......so long as she maintains the quality she's known for.  

Honored Contributor

@sissel wrote:

Guess what? I have a Martha Stewart pre lit Christmas tree. I got it about 5 yrs ago and it was on sale. I thought why is she marketing trees? I know she use to sell craft items on HSN years ago. 

@sissel

I bought a Martha Stewart Christmas tree 2 years ago at Home Depot! I love it!!! It's well made and has all the bells and whistles but at a reasonable price!!!

Since Martha deals with crafts and decorating I guess this came as an extension of her home line....But yes a snow blower is a bit odd..

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”
Respected Contributor

MS has simply teamed with the manufacturer of the snowblower & they made them in her signature colors. She's done that with lots of companies & they see value in it, she didn't just bust in & demand they do it. My question is...Why does anyone care? You're free to buy or not but you already know...sadly it's just another way to belittle someone you don't like.