Regular Contributor

Martha Stewart's cat killed by dogs

[ Edited ]

This breaks my heart. Martha Stewart's pretty cat that is on the cat litter commercial was killed by Martha's dogs.  You would think since the animals lived together that this would not happen.  If the dogs did not get along with the cat seems they would be kept apart.  I feel bad for the poor cat.  Makes me sad.  

Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart's cat killed by dogs

Well, that's horrific.

~My philosophy: Dogs are God's most perfect creatures. Angels, here on Earth, who teach us to be better human beings.~
Honored Contributor

How terrible for Martha who loved them all, I'm sure.  I wonder if it was an inside cat that got outside?  When I had a cat with dogs, they reacted entirely differently to the cat if it got outside into "their territory". They acted like it was a strange intruder, an unknown entity.  In the house they were good buddies.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

So sad for Martha and her other cats.  I read that her 4 dogs have been sent on vacation to allow the other cats to roam freely and recover.  Here's a picture of Princess Peony:

Screen Shot 2022-04-04 at 8.10.36 PM.png

Honored Contributor

My cat Bill is so sweet and kind.  He's never scratched anyone.

When my friend comes to hydrate him every day, he just lays in her lap.

But when my daughter brings her dog, LunaLee from Colorado, Bill becomes a tyrant.

Luna is very sweet like, "Can't we all get along"?  Bill is like, " H$ll no!  This is my house".

We manage to keep them apart pretty well.  My house is large.  Luna stays down one end and Bill down the other.  Plus my daughter has her own room.  It's large so she has plenty of room.

The first time they came together, Luna had her head tilted downward and Bill scratched Lina's nose.  My daughter said there's a little scar on her nose.🥲

Sounds like Martha wasn't home and somehow they got together.  I'm sure she's upset about it.

Valued Contributor

Such a shame. It must be devastating for Martha.
Honored Contributor

This is very sad. I saw a clip of them burying the cat on tv. I've never had a problem with any of my cats and dogs living together. If anything the dogs were scared of the cats lol.

Honored Contributor

Spoiler
Spoiler

@colliemom4    If you have several dogs as Martha does, they develop a pack mentality.  P!us she has Chows which can be aggressive.  If one attacks, the others will join the fray and also attack the victim.

New Mexico☀️Land Of Enchantment
Honored Contributor

@Kachina624 wrote:
Spoiler
Spoiler

@colliemom4    If you have several dogs as Martha does, they develop a pack mentality.  P!us she has Chows which can be aggressive.  If one attacks, the others will join the fray and also attack the victim.

@Kachina624  I do know that dogs can develop a pack mentality. Also. when I was a little girl a Chow lived by my grandma's house and it barked and growled at my siblings and I at a distance through the fence. It was definitely extremely aggressive. Ever since then I've been afraid of that breed of dog.

I read she has 20 cats. I wonder how that works with her dogs?

Respected Contributor

@Kachina624   I agree.  Chows can be very aggressive.  I have a friend who had a Chow and he bit her arm so badly she had skin graft along with many stitches.  They kept the dog but he was boss.  I stopped going to her house and I am definitely not afraid of dogs, but Chows are one breed I would stay away from and I have had a couple very large dogs myself.  Of course either was aggressive. 

Poor Martha how heartbreaking.  But I sure would not have 4 Chows and cats together