Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart, Swimsuit Model

@Trinity11 wrote:

Why do we put a woman on the cover at 81? Why not a man at 81?

ANSWER...because we still as women are judged by what we look like in 2023. We have a long, long way to go.🙄

Many older  men have been on the covers of magazines.  Robert Redford, Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds come to mind and there are others...all on magazines geared towards female readers.

Respected Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@sann wrote:

I saw the photo on one of the News Networks this morning ....at 81 she looks ok but the sagging bustline not attractive ...the photo they showed was a different pose than the one shown here

We are so used to seeing enhanced breasts that now natural breasts are said to be sagging.

Many young women and teens who have never had children have breasts that might be considered sagging, but they're not.

All bodies are different and there is no perfect " look. "  It's  bad enough women get shamed by men for their breasts, but when women do it, it's worse.

Women should feel proud of their femininity and not be made to feel ashamed of their breasts.  They are made properly for a purpose,one purpose only.

I think Martha looks great for any age.

@Carmie  Don't start this nonsense about shaming..its opinion ...you give yours and I give mine....

Respected Contributor

I'm so tired of the " age" topic...Zzzzz

PS. Photos clearly photo .shopped. So obvious.

MS looks very different in candid photos.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

ANSWER...because we still as women are judged by what we look like in 2023. We have a long, long way to go.🙄

Many older  men have been on the covers of magazines.  Robert Redford, Sean Connery and Burt Reynolds come to mind and there are others...all on magazines geared towards female readers.

Really @Carmie ? Somehow I have no memory of Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds or Robert Redford in glamour shots in a bathing suit on the cover of Sports Illustrated.🙄

EDITED TO ADD...AT AGE 81.

Honored Contributor

For all we know those pictures of MS could be computer-generated images generated by AI software, like Deepfake Tom Cruise and others. We'll never know for sure.

Honored Contributor

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

Really @Carmie ? Somehow I have no memory of Sean Connery, Burt Reynolds or Robert Redford in glamour shots in a bathing suit on the cover of Sports Illustrated.🙄

I said magazines geared towards women had glamour shots of men. Sports Illistrted is geared towards men.

E4FA92E6-8923-416E-8517-11948313DCC6.jpeg

Honored Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The photo is on the Fox news site.  She looks wonderful.  81 years old

She is looking up at the camera. 

Try it with a mirror. It makes you look twenty five again.😄😉

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

I said magazines geared towards women had glamour shots of men. Sports Illistrted is geared towards men.

E4FA92E6-8923-416E-8517-11948313DCC6.jpeg

Sorry but he is fully covered up there. "The Grit and Wisdom of Sean Connery" is about how smart he is not about his body. 🥺

Trusted Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

He was 63 in that photo, not 81.

“The fear of becoming old is born of the recognition that one is not living now the life that one wishes. It is equivalent to a sense of abusing the present.” Susan Sontag
Respected Contributor

@RespectLife wrote:

I just saw the cover....and I saw the other picture posted in a black 'nightie'

I have seen her close up on Q

I have seen her close up on Chopped

Gimme a break, completely photoshopped, filtered and what ever else they do!

Good for her...but lets not pretend we are really celebrating women of age when you change their ENTIRE face to look 50!

I don't think swimsuit issues are concerned with reality. I don't know that being 81 is there concern either but she is a celebrity and here we are talking about the magazine, which is their concern.