Trusted Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart, Swimsuit Model

I want to be her at 81. She takes excellent care of herself and has the money to do it well. She looks beautiful.
Respected Contributor

@Mindy D wrote:

0B1201AA-76C9-452C-83AC-BCFCE2822662.jpegLet the breasts not be sitting high on the chest. It's about time the public sees the bodies of older women. We've been in hiding too long. 

Is she bottomless?

Respected Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The photo is on the Fox news site.  She looks wonderful.  81 years old

Much better look here.  And she looks great.

Respected Contributor

Sports Illustrated Swimsuit Issue Launch Party

Martha Stewart at the 2023 Sports Illustrated swimsuit issue launch party at Hard Rock Hotel Times Square in New York City on May 18, 2023.

Martha Stewart

Respected Contributor

What a strong person!

She goes to jail for inside trading (which others often engage in and never get punished), and immediately teaches her fellow inmates how to make ponchos.

She has a lovely smile, but a fierce intelligence.  She was a model at 18 (I think she paid her own way through Barnard College--her family was not well off).  And now, switch the numbers and at 81, she is a model.

This is a woman who has courage and sass to spare.  

Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Tinkrbl44,

I think she said she does pilates a lot too.

@on the bay I think she is wealthy and has the luxury to worry about looks when she is older.  It is a critical factor to her and who she thinks she is. 

For a lot of us, looks are a bonus as we age--a blessing if we have them.  For others, other qualities are what we focus on, friends, family, what we do every day to help or be helped, kindness and appreciation. Those things become our most important--not looks.  What do you prioritize?

Respected Contributor

Martha was not convicted and jailed for insider trading. 

Although charged,  those charges were dropped by a judge. 

She was convicted of lying to federal authorities. 

And she does look absolutely fabulous. 

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

@Sooner,

For me, your latter list of attributes,

which I kind of said in an earlier post.

I think a lot of people are beautiful and not because of what some would think of as physical beauty,

but because of the kind of person they are.

I think Martha did what made her happy and she looks like she loved it.

It reminds me of the glamour shots they used to do at the mall. They were fun but didn't really look like our real selves.

What about you?

"If you walk the footsteps of a stranger, you'll learn things you never knew. Can you sing with all the voices of the mountains? can you paint with all the colors of the wind?"
Honored Contributor

@on the bay wrote:

@Sooner,

For me, your latter list of attributes,

which I kind of said in an earlier post.

I think a lot of people are beautiful and not because of what some would think of as physical beauty,

but because of the kind of person they are.

I think Martha did what made her happy and she looks like she loved it.

It reminds me of the glamour shots they used to do at the mall. They were fun but didn't really look like our real selves.

What about you?

@on the bay What about me?  I was never told I was pretty, not the thing in my family, and was focused in my youth on being seen as smart, capable and indepent rather than a hottie.  Never desired that.

Funny you should ask--I had a glamour shot done, but it just looks like me in office clothes but better than the work head shot I had to do!  

Raised by a very independent mom who was fashion crazy, it didin't take with me. Looking back, I was very pretty but that didn't factor into what I wanted in the world.  So being a former fan of Martha, I'm disappointed in a smart, ambitious, successful woman who is selling looks in her 80's.  To me it is sad and embarrassing.

So that's what I REALLY think.  And looking back, yeah I could have looked hot in my youth--just never interested in being seen for that!  

Honored Contributor

@Lakelife62 wrote:
I want to be her at 81. She takes excellent care of herself and has the money to do it well. She looks beautiful.

@Lakelife62 No way on planet earth would I want to be seen in those clothes and poses at 81.  It is simply delusional.