Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart, Swimsuit Model

The swimsuit issue for Sport's illustrated began in 1964.  I am assuming Martha was never asked to be in since it began, or I missed that issue.  Maybe this as been on her "bucket list" for a long time.  It is nice to see someone doing whatever they want to do that is not illegal, immoral or causing bodily harm to anyone.  Let her have fun for what time she as left in this life.  

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Esteemed Contributor

@beckyb1012 wrote:

The photo is on the Fox news site.  She looks wonderful.  81 years old

@beckyb1012 Yes she looks good.  But there is nothing sexy about her.  These poses are a bit off putting to say the least.

Always remember that you are absolutely unique. Just like everyone else. Margaret Mead
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

@beckyb1012 Yes she looks good.  But there is nothing sexy about her.  These poses are a bit off putting to say the least.

Oh absolutely, big difference between looking great and being sexy.

"Live frugally, but love extravagantly."
Honored Contributor

@Puppy Lips wrote:

@beckyb1012 wrote:

Maybe she can be the new campaign strategy for Bud Lite?

Honored Contributor

It's sad that any  older person feels like they have to validate their appearance to the world.

We've had pregnant women show all on magazine covers, people that have had breast surgery or adding to or taking out implants, etc.

Now we got geriatrics trying to prove they're still

worthy to the human race.

Not for me. Sad.

Valued Contributor

@reiki604   It's not hate at all, it's called reality. Call it whatever you want. I'd have respect for her if she did the same thing without the photoshop and all the rest, so that real Women of her age can really respect and be proud of what she did. Instead, because she didn't, she makes those in their eighties feel less than. Thanks Martha for setting real aging Women back, and feeding into today's warped reality that as we are, is not good enough. 

Valued Contributor

@Trinity11  Exactly!  Well said, and I agree.

Super Contributor

@beckyb1012 - I agree with you — let her have fun!
Trusted Contributor

While I don't doubt that photoshop was used on these photos I think she probably looks pretty much like this IRL. She has always had the means to take great care of herself. She has spoken about her regular facials, expensive skin care and makeup (and, yes, procedures); however, I think any one of us would look this good given the team it took to prepare her for the photo shoot. It seems they did not alter her figure other than using strategically placed items to conceal some of her issues. I hope to look that good at 81.

Honored Contributor

Women will never be valued for more than looks.  Won't happen.  Not because of men, because of women.