Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Shows Off 'Winter Home' on MTV 'Cribs'

@Ladybug724 wrote:

@proudlyfromNJ wrote:

@Duckncover wrote:

Is she lives there year-round, why is it called her winter house? 

@Duckncover  That's just its name. She has one called her summer house and one called the tenant house. One houses her family when they stay another is for cookbooks and Christmas parties. There may actually be more.

I honestly don't think I would want more than one house.

The reason I say that is because in the house we own now, I have a living room and a separate family room.

I never know which room to hang out in because I like them both.

I feel like that's what would happen if I had more than one home.

Maybe I would feel like I should be hanging out in the other house if I was in the one house.

Yep, this is really how my brain works.

@Ladybug724  As far as I can tell she does only hang in one. The others have specific uses. I think the original home from the farm is still there which I think is 100 years. I read her blog which is mostly about her farm.

Trusted Contributor

@Jaspersmom wrote:

Martha's homes are beautiful.  She had a bit of an edgy, judgmental personality in her younger days, but I think she's actually nicer now than before.  She sure has expanded her circle of friends to include people she would have never associated with in the past.  

....like the ones she met in prison.

Honored Contributor

I love Martha's taste in her houses and enjoy seeing them.

When I was a kid I had a parakeet that lived at least 9 and probably 10 or more years!  He was pale blue with white wings and pale gray markings on them and he was so pretty!  I was sick a lot and we got him to keep me company. 

His cage was in the den and had a door that would open to make a little porch.  We would drop the door down at night and he would fly around and sit on one of us and fly back to sit on his porch, then fly to sit on my dad's head sometimes--which was so funny!  He loved popcorn I remember. He would rub his head on you and make the sweetest little noises. 

I will always miss him!  

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I like Martha Stewart and love seeing her homes and also when she shares her decorating ideas and crafts.  Her products are always EXCELLENT quality too!! 

Animals are reliable, full of love, true in their affections, grateful. Difficult standards for people to live up to.”