Respected Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Living magazine

@Cakers3 wrote:

I bought Everyday Living once in a while but what I really miss is her Everyday Food Magazine. 

Everyday Food, From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living, Premier Issue  #1, #2, #3, #4 & #5: Martha Stewart, Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living:  Books - Amazon

I also loved Everyday Food.  Even though cooking was never a passion of mine I really enjoyed reading that magazine.  It was always so well written.   Several years ago I donated all of my copies except for a few that I kept for recipe referral.  

Honored Contributor

When Martha's magazine first came out it was wonderful for the first couple years and then it starting going downhill IMO.  Her staff had great ideas and recipes and I wondered how much Martha actually contributed to the magazine.

kindness is strength
Esteemed Contributor

I so prefer to hold and read a magazine or book, flip the pages, etc. One of these days you young whippersnappers will also have aging eyesight and you won't be able to comfortably read computer screens. Like me.

I miss many of my favorite magazines no longer in print. I'll miss Martha's too.
* A woman is like a tea bag. You can't tell how strong she is until you put her in hot water. *
- Eleanor Roosevelt
Super Contributor

@gidgeth and @Scooty: you would be shocked and appalled to know what I pay for daily delivery of the San Francisco Chronicle! But I have been a subscriber for more than 50 years and I just cannot live without my daily newspaper. I have tried. For years they would give me a discount, but no more. Times are tough.

I don’t watch the news on TV unless there is some major event. Coming from a newspaper-dependent family, and having a brother who was a newspaper editor and publisher for most of his adult life, I feel I must give them my support. So many newspapers have gone out of business, unthinkable. I hate reading the news online, and I am not alone.
Trusted Contributor

@MarkeieMark wrote:

I haven't got the magazine in years, it had a lot of ads... But there will only be one Martha Stewart.

In a magaazine that I enjoy-I like the ads!

Trusted Contributor

@MezzieStarr wrote:

I received a letter in the mail a couple weeks ago saying the May issue of Martha was the last one.  They (Meredith Publishing?)  said I would be receiving another magazine of their choice to fulfill the rest of my paid subscription. Can't wait to see what they send.

They also ended Entertainment Weekly which I subscribed to since I was a teenager. The days of print magazines are over.

They sent me People.

Highlighted
Trusted Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

Something else I really really looked forward to.  Gone. 

Do you mean the "big fat newspaper" ? -yes, gone too.

Trusted Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

The email I got said they were replacing MSL with Real Simple magazine.  I don't want that so I went on-line and cancelled it.  I'm thinking of canceling my newspaper since it's $120 a month.  There's nothing in the paper that I haven't seen on tv or on-line.  

Real Simple is my favorite!

Super Contributor

I wonder if TV guide is still around? That was a weekly item on the grocery list for years!! Of course, before cable and tv channels. Love to read the little tidbits about the stars.