Honored Contributor

Re: Martha Stewart Living magazine

Bye bye printed newspapers  and magazines....hello online versions...... like writing checks...when the last of the baby boomers generation is dead and gone....

Highlighted
Regular Contributor

The email I got said they were replacing MSL with Real Simple magazine.  I don't want that so I went on-line and cancelled it.  I'm thinking of canceling my newspaper since it's $120 a month.  There's nothing in the paper that I haven't seen on tv or on-line.  

Honored Contributor

@Scooty wrote:

The email I got said they were replacing MSL with Real Simple magazine.  I don't want that so I went on-line and cancelled it.  I'm thinking of canceling my newspaper since it's $120 a month.  There's nothing in the paper that I haven't seen on tv or on-line.  

@Scooty - your newspaper is $120 a month????

I stopped our subscription when my husband died, almost 2 years ago and the Atlanta paper at that time, 7 days a week, was $125 each quarter.

Why is it, when I have a 50/50 guess at something, I'm always 100% wrong?
Regular Contributor

Gidgetgh - I think you just convinced me to cancel the paper!  🤑. Thanks,

Esteemed Contributor

I know that I am older than dirt, but remember Look and Life?  Then you graduated to Time, and took that one to collage?  Couldn't tackle the nightly newspaper until your Dad was done?  Then Sunday came......

Respected Contributor

Very sorry to hear about this. Loved the magazine when it first came out. The holiday ones were not to be missed. A digital magazine just isn’t the same as holding the paper mag in your hands. Tearing out a recipe to put in my binder. Another good one bites the dust.
Esteemed Contributor

Scooty: What paper are you getting for that price?  I pay $200 A year for NYT, Washington Post and LA Times COMBINED ( I get them digitally; didn't take long to get used to reading them in that format and there is no newspapers to get rid of).

Respected Contributor

I loved Martha Stewart Living .. but like with Vogue .. I realized it had nothing

to do with my life ... but it was great look at ....

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

I bought Everyday Living once in a while but what I really miss is her Everyday Food Magazine. 

Everyday Food, From the Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living, Premier Issue  #1, #2, #3, #4 & #5: Martha Stewart, Kitchens of Martha Stewart Living:  Books - Amazon

"" Compassion is a verb."-Thich Nhat Hanh
Regular Contributor

I'm getting Newsday delivered everyday.  Digital would be perfect for me.  I'm going to look into that.