Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married man hanging out and texting a woman personal trainer?

On 3/18/2015 Sigur Ros said:
On 3/18/2015 qvcfreak said:

I had a co-worker who hired a personal trainer and she was always on the phone with him texting and going to lunch. He would even send her flowers and sometimes pick up her kids from school, she was married, he wasn't but she would say, we're just friends.

I wonder how her husband felt about it. Not too good I would imagine. {#emotions_dlg.bored}

He didn't know, he is/was in the service

Super Contributor

On 3/18/2015 bourgs4 said:

Does anybody else think this is the normal thing to do? He says they are just friends.

Is he the only one she texts with? Most likely. That alone is a red flag.

I don't thinks it looks appropriate, but I'm also not in their situation.

Trusted Contributor

If the trainer is texting the time of an appt.... it is ok.... if there is more, I would be skeptical.

Honored Contributor

This reminds me of the "Jake-State Farm" commercial. If a spouse wanted to have an affair, they would have one with or without their partner knowing.

Trusted Contributor

What do you mean by ""hanging out""......and what is he texting the trainer about? Is this your husband.......or are you the trainer? Or are you just watching and wondering about someone else's business?

Super Contributor

This is entirely too vague to comment on. The scenario needs to be fleshed out before anyone could give a well-informed opinion.

Super Contributor

"Hanging out" is the key phrase here. Suggests more than just texting appointment reminders.

I don't know anything about "personal trainers," but don't men usually choose male personal trainers? It would seem same-s*x personal trainers would be more knowledgeable and experienced about their client's physiology.

Money doesn't talk; it swears. --Bob Dylan
Honored Contributor

My husband has lots of female friends, and I can't imagine myself married to someone whom I'd have to worry about. We've been married a L-O-N-G time, and we've always had OS friends and never gave it a second thought.
Honored Contributor

Sending flowers is a bit much.

'More or less', 'Right or wrong', 'In general', and 'Just thinking out loud ' (as usual).