Respected Contributor

Married at the courthouse?

[ Edited ]

A family member is getting married at the courthouse.  I am invited.  Never been to this type at all.  Is wearing jeans and a nicer top ok?  She is inviting family from both sides.  Is she overdoing?  The only wedding I've seen at the courthouse was on tv where they only had a couple people show up.  LOL She is having quite a few.  Thanks!

Honored Contributor

Re: Married at the courthouse?

I probably wouldn't wear jeans.

I would just go with a nice top and black pants.  Are they doing anything after the ceremony?

Honored Contributor

I would not wear jeans.  It's a wedding regardless of where it is.

Esteemed Contributor

[ Edited ]

No ,  IMO jeans and top are not ok.This IS a WEDDING afterall.  Can you wear a nice top with nice dress pants or a nice dress. You can be casual but dress it up just a bit.

One of my sons was married in the court house and it was a lovely wedding. Sadly he is no longer with us,but I am happy his wedding was just what they both wanted and very special to all of us attending.

My other son is a Mayor and he marries many people in the courthouse.He tries to make every one of them special.

Enjoy the wedding,  I bet it will turn out to be the best you ever attended Smiley Happy

Congratulations to the Bride and Groom,I hope they have a Blessed life together .

Respected Contributor

Ok, glad I asked!   I will go shopping.  I don't have any slacks that fit (gained weight).  Thank you!!!

Honored Contributor

Hi @mima - I would definitely not wear jeans or anything casual.  I would probably wear a dress or pants suit.  Hope you have a good time!

Honored Contributor

We were married in the judge's chambers.  We both wore jeans and shirts/blouses, as did both of our witnesses.  There wasn't enough space for more than 8-10 people in the enclosed room.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@deepwaterdotter wrote:

We were married in the judge's chambers.  We both wore jeans and shirts/blouses, as did both of our witnesses.  There wasn't enough space for more than 8-10 people in the enclosed room.

Now I'm confused on what to wear.  LOL 

Honored Contributor

@mima wrote:

Ok, glad I asked!   I will go shopping.  I don't have any slacks that fit (gained weight).  Thank you!!!

If you have time to order from QVC, Isaac's 24/7 pants are so nice.  They're very slimming and so comfortable.

Honored Contributor

I would wear appropriate business type clothing. In other words a dress or a skirt & Blouse or dress pants and a pretty blouse. It is a wedding after all.