Respected Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - new summer series

Even without the moles I wonder if Jaime would be attracted to him. His teeth looked yellow, his hair color ages him as does his sallow skin and receding hairline.

Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - new summer series

On 7/14/2014 voyager1980 said:
On 7/14/2014 beach-mom said:
On 7/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

Doug was a dork. Those white shoes with his black trousers and his constant wiping off his forehead with his hands...the hands that his new bride had to hold. Uggggggh!!!!! And oh yes, those mmmmmmmmmmmmoles. One is okay but so many?? Maybe they are elsewhere on his body too. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

As I said before, Doug does not have the moles. He did, but he had them removed. The producers purposely tried to make him less attractive for the storyline!

Looks like he didn't: 'Married At First Sight' Cast Member Doug Hehner Fakes Plastic Surgery After Jamie Otis Premiere Criticism

"The New Jersey native commented on the post, “Hahaha - OK..... What's surprising is not that people believed I would actually get rid of my moles, it's that my scotch tape and gauze actually passed as a real post surgical bandage.”

While his plastic surgery isn't real, his wedding to a stranger is the real deal. Viewers still don’t know if Jamie will actually marry Doug. Jamie was seen having cold feet at the end of last week’s episode. For full details on the series premiere, check out our recap."

http://www.ibtimes.com/married-first-sight-cast-member-doug-hehner-fakes-plastic-surgery-after-jamie...

WOW - I didn't know this. I read somewhere that the producers decided to use his looks as one of the storylines (I'm trying to find it.) Also, apparently one of Doug's friends said they asked him to make himself as unattractive as he could. I'll have to look for it and see where I read it!