Esteemed Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - new summer series

I can't find it on VERIZON--channel not listed. Who knows; I might of found better.

Regular Contributor

I like it thus far. It's funny, I feel almost embarrassed for him because it's so obvious for at least now the bride doesn't like her soon-to-be new hubby's looks.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} He seems like a nice guy, hopefully she give's him a chance and will become attracted to him as a person, then the chemistry may come. Now with that being said...the guy isn't that bad looking but I wonder why he never removed all those moles, at least 6 on his one side of face/neck. Sadly some people are shallow and only see that at first.

Can't wait for the next episode!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Now as far as me, no I would not marry a stranger. As far as my kids, NO I would not one them to do it. Now would I support them if they chose to, I don't know. In the end they are my kids and their happiness is all I care about...

Jerz

Honored Contributor

On 7/13/2014 Jerz-girl said:

I like it thus far. It's funny, I feel almost embarrassed for him because it's so obvious for at least now the bride doesn't like her soon-to-be new hubby's looks.{#emotions_dlg.ohmy} He seems like a nice guy, hopefully she give's him a chance and will become attracted to him as a person, then the chemistry may come. Now with that being said...the guy isn't that bad looking but I wonder why he never removed all those moles, at least 6 on his one side of face/neck. Sadly some people are shallow and only see that at first.

Can't wait for the next episode!{#emotions_dlg.devil2}

Now as far as me, no I would not marry a stranger. As far as my kids, NO I would not one them to do it. Now would I support them if they chose to, I don't know. In the end they are my kids and their happiness is all I care about...

Jerz

Doug did have his moles removed. Again, I think the producers did this for impact. The more I'm learning about the show, the more I'm wondering about it. I don't for a minute believe it's entirely REAL, but I do believe the marriages are.

Regular Contributor

OMG watching these pics, I just want to pay someone to not take steriods or get a tattoo! Yeah!
Respected Contributor

The woman picked for Doug is very pretty, is a RN and probably has been hit on by doctors and other hospital staff plenty. But she went into this knowing and stating she was open to whatever experience came her way. Apparently she cannot deny that she had some expectation or she would be willing to set her opinion of his looks aside at least for awhile until she had some time to get to know him.

She's more shallow than she let on.

Frequent Contributor

Well, I got hooked on this show. Watched it yesterday on demand and wanted more when it was over. I like Doug. He is not the gorgeous model type but he seems like such a genuine, good guy that those qualities make him attractive. He's tall and built nice too. I like him. I hope she goes beyond just "looks" and gets to know him. I actually think its a good match. Love this show. Can't wait for the next episode.

Trusted Contributor

THANKS for starting this thread! I just watched the episode where they introduce the couples and we get to see the start of the wedding ceremonies. I'm glad the next installment is on tomorrow. Anyone plan on watching? Maybe I'll start a thread so we can chat while it's on.

Respected Contributor

Doug was a dork. Those white shoes with his black trousers and his constant wiping off his forehead with his hands...the hands that his new bride had to hold. Uggggggh!!!!! And oh yes, those mmmmmmmmmmmmoles. One is okay but so many?? Maybe they are elsewhere on his body too. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

Honored Contributor

On 7/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

Doug was a dork. Those white shoes with his black trousers and his constant wiping off his forehead with his hands...the hands that his new bride had to hold. Uggggggh!!!!! And oh yes, those mmmmmmmmmmmmoles. One is okay but so many?? Maybe they are elsewhere on his body too. {#emotions_dlg.ohmy}

As I said before, Doug does not have the moles. He did, but he had them removed. The producers purposely tried to make him less attractive for the storyline!

Super Contributor

On 7/14/2014 beach-mom said:
On 7/14/2014 ILikeShade said:

As I said before, Doug does not have the moles. He did, but he had them removed. The producers purposely tried to make him less attractive for the storyline!

Looks like he didn't: 'Married At First Sight' Cast Member Doug Hehner Fakes Plastic Surgery After Jamie Otis Premiere Criticism

"The New Jersey native commented on the post, “Hahaha - OK..... What's surprising is not that people believed I would actually get rid of my moles, it's that my scotch tape and gauze actually passed as a real post surgical bandage.”

While his plastic surgery isn't real, his wedding to a stranger is the real deal. Viewers still don’t know if Jamie will actually marry Doug. Jamie was seen having cold feet at the end of last week’s episode. For full details on the series premiere, check out our recap."

http://www.ibtimes.com/married-first-sight-cast-member-doug-hehner-fakes-plastic-surgery-after-jamie...