Honored Contributor

Re: Married at First Sight - The First Year (spoilers)

On 2/18/2015 Deb1010again said:

Interesting seeing and listening to Vaughn. He was sure to mention Monet's name a few times in regard to why the marriage failed and how it was both their faults and they both learned. I guess he has a point, but I think she was the one who got the shorter end of the stick.

That's what she said! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

Trusted Contributor

On 2/18/2015 lolakimono said:
On 2/18/2015 Deb1010again said:

Interesting seeing and listening to Vaughn. He was sure to mention Monet's name a few times in regard to why the marriage failed and how it was both their faults and they both learned. I guess he has a point, but I think she was the one who got the shorter end of the stick.

That's what she said! {#emotions_dlg.laugh}

{#emotions_dlg.laugh} I didn't even catch that!! OMG I'm so bad...

Respected Contributor

I thought that the conversation between Cortney and Monique was about Cortney's short stick experience in her past. I'll have to watch it again, I can't imagine Monique saying something that personal about Vaughn without being super vague. Monique was nothing but positive about their intimate life during the marriage.

Trusted Contributor

On 2/19/2015 Free2be said:

I thought that the conversation between Cortney and Monique was about Cortney's short stick experience in her past. I'll have to watch it again, I can't imagine Monique saying something that personal about Vaughn without being super vague. Monique was nothing but positive about their intimate life during the marriage.

FYI... it's Monet

Respected Contributor

Thanks Deb, something told me Monique didn't ring right.

Honored Contributor

DD and I both watched the show. I don't believe reality shows are REAL, but I do think this one was mostly unscripted. However, I don't believe "the first year" is totally unscripted. I think at this point they are acting for the camera. I think the producers are taking real situations in their lives and "coaching" them through them. They might be advising Jamie and Doug to play up the baby scenario. Same with Cortney and Jason, although I do believe they're sensitive to Jason's losing his mom. DD contacted Cortney after the original season aired, because they're both interested in makeup - and before any of us knew there would be a sequel. From what she says everyone's doing fine. We are seeing them in situations that took place about 3 months ago.

Second season should be interesting - I'm up for it! Wink