Trusted Contributor

Re: Married 32 years. In love with another man....

I can't believe this thread is still going! The moderators must be enjoying it to keep it open this long. I am sure there is nothing worth adding that hasn't already been said.
Frequent Contributor

I did NOT say he's gay!!! When someone else supposed it, I admitted I've wondered that myself. I have no idea. I know he hasn't wanted me in decades.
Esteemed Contributor

Gay? Now he's gay?

Puh-lease.

OP, why don't you just leave your thread up and begin a dialogue or give him the grounds to begin proceedings.

Voila! Another thread for ya
!
Honored Contributor

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

@Trinity11 wrote:

@Plaid Pants2 wrote:

The o/p clearly doesn't give a dam about her husband, or how her actions is going to destroy her family.

If she ran off to see the BF at every chance, to be "intimate", then odds are husband already knows.

She may think that she has been cleaver and that she covered her tracks, but he probably has already discovered her secret.

I hope that the husband fights her tooth and nail in court, and prooves to the court just how long she has been unfaithful for.

From further reading it sounds like it is a two way street. Based on the information that she thinks he possibly could be gay then the marriage was not the true definition of a marriage. He emotionally left her to fend for herself. This high school guy sounds like someone she is deperately hanging on to because she wants to feel wanted. Years of a man who wasn't really there in the first place takes a toll.

If all of this is true, the kids probably already know dad may not be who he says he is. It won't be any real shock to them.

Staying in a loveless marriage isn't a good idea either.

I wouldn't run to the boyfriend either. Setting up the OP's life by herself for awhile and then dating this guy BEFORE marrying him would be a cautious thing to do.

Does she owe a man who basically deceived her from the beginning if in fact he is gay? I think only the two parties involved can talk about that and come to some solution. We really don't know the entire story.....

Please tell me that you are not buying the gay conspiracy theory!

IF the story of a "low libido" is true, it could be because he knew that she was cheating on him.

That would kill any man's libido.

What man would want to be intimate with a woman that has cheated on him?

True, but what man would stick around and not ask for a divorce?

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

@kittymoxy wrote:
I did NOT say he's gay!!! When someone else supposed it, I admitted I've wondered that myself. I have no idea. I know he hasn't wanted me in decades.

Maybe it's been you who has sent that vibe...like barbed wire.

You have been cheating on him and you really want him to touch you or expect him to? He probably knows what you've been up to...maybe one of your children outed you when  they heard you on the phone with the ex.

You have been so caught up in this fantasy that you probably have no idea how you come off.

Honored Contributor

[ Edited ]

Maybe op is his "beard".  So that's why he has looked the other way, Yes, plenty have kids, too.

Esteemed Contributor

Couldn't possibly read all these posts; however, I think you should drop him like a hot potato and forget about him. Stay with the fine man you married and have been with for 32 years. Just put him out of your mind. You're cheating your husband and family and have been doing so for 28 years. 

Forget him! It will all come to no good.

Esteemed Contributor

@kittymoxy wrote:

Well, the kidos got there somehow, and it wasn't the stork that brought them, so husband must have had a libido at some point.

Unless,...........

Nah, this isn't the Maury Povich show, is it?

Maybe the reason husband hasn't wanted you in decades, is because he knows that you have been cheating on him.

Frequent Contributor

I'm not trying to justify my cheating. There is no justifying it. I said it's wrong.
Esteemed Contributor

@kittymoxy wrote:
I'm not trying to justify my cheating. There is no justifying it. I said it's wrong.

Yes you are trying to justify it.

"He hasn't shown interest in me in decades!"

"He might be gay!"

"He has a low libido!"

All are justifications for you to cheat.