Frequent Contributor

Married 32 years. In love with another man....

Ladies, help!! I've been married for 32 years to a wonderful man and I've been pining for my high school boyfriend for the last 28 years. Have 2 wonderful grown children. I'm thinking life is short, I want a divorce but it tears me apart the thought of breaking up my family. My husband will be devastated!! I'm tormented and would love to hear some opinions.
Honored Contributor

Re: Married 32 years. In love with another man....

Is that man single? Do you talk to him?

QVC Customer Care

Honored Contributor

I know!  Just lately this Community Chat forum is turning into a Dear Abby column!

Frequent Contributor

Yes. I do speak to him. He is single. He is very leery of getting hurt by me again. And to the poster who said I need counseling... Been there, done that. Didn't help.
Esteemed Contributor

My friend recently left her husband after 30 years of marriage.  She, too, fell in love with another man.  

Her family is in shambles.  Her husband is devastated and his health is suffering as a result.  Their five children (aged 12 - 25) don't know whether they are coming or going or which parent to "side" with.  

She thought the grass would be greener on the other side.  It's not.  

I'd say think long and hard before you make any decisions.

Frequent Contributor

I knew I was gonna get slammed for posting this but I am seriously asking for your opinions.
Honored Contributor

@kittymoxy wrote:
Yes. I do speak to him. He is single. He is very leery of getting hurt by me again.And to the poster who said I need counseling... Been there, done that. Didn't help.

So you dumped him in high school? 

Honored Contributor

@kittymoxy wrote:
Ladies, help!! I've been married for 32 years to a wonderful man and I've been pining for my high school boyfriend for the last 28 years. Have 2 wonderful grown children. I'm thinking life is short, I want a divorce but it tears me apart the thought of breaking up my family. My husband will be devastated!! I'm tormented and would love to hear some opinions.

Illusions are dangerous people..... They have no flaws.

Honored Contributor

Well clearly you need to go back and do it some more.