Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Would any of you who say they love their kids treat them the way Markle has does his daughter? Would you talk to the press about them? I don't have kids but did raise one of my nephews. I would NEVER talk to the press about him. NEVER. 

My dad was very proud of me and I found out a lot about me when I went to work for the same company.  Seems he shared a lot.  Thankfully, it wasn't to the press.  LOL  But, he did share.

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

Re: Markle Law Suit

[ Edited ]

I feel bad for Meghan. For the rest of her life, she will be fodder for the insatiable, exploitative world media. Absolutely nothing she does will ever be reported accurately, and she will forever bear a scarlet letter that has been so viciously bestowed upon her by the media. No one unfamiliar with royal decorum, could have been prepared for all of this, and known what they were getting into. I don't know all of the facts, but lives are being greatly impacted because of this. Food for thought---"And Still I Rise" by Maya Angelou.

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

Honored Contributor

@Preds  I think @Sushismom  and I are referring to anything negative or troubling. 

PS Hope you're feeling well. Heart

Honored Contributor

@faeriemoon wrote:

@Preds  I think @Sushismom  and I are referring to anything negative or troubling. 

PS Hope you're feeling well. Heart

Thank you @faeriemoon .  I'm doing great. 

Yes, I was just stating that parents will talk and yes, mine told things I wish he had not.  I was caught off guard and angry at the time, but it passed.  They don't always mean harm when sharing, but it does happen. 

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Esteemed Contributor

@SandySparkles wrote:

I feel bad for Meghan. For the rest of her life, she will be fodder for the insatiable, exploitative world media, and equally avaricious public. Absolutely nothing she does will ever be reported accurately, and she will forever bear a scarlet letter that has been so viciously bestowed upon her. NO ONE could have been prepared for all of this and "known" what they were getting into. I don't know all of the facts, but I know lives are being destroyed because of this. 

~~~All we need is LOVE💖

@SandySparkles  What lives are being destroyed?  Maybe we should keep track. And what defines a “destroyed” life anyway? 

Keepin' it real.
Honored Contributor

Yes, I'm sure the paper is paying that low down sleazy pitiful excuse for a man money to harass to and hurt his daughter more than he has done already.  I don't care about the lawsuit, I don't care what's in the letter but if assume she spoke from the heart and said some strong things to him.  Good for her!  

Honored Contributor

Successful children look after their aging parents. Mr. Markle shouldn't have wanted for anything, his millionaire daughter should have welcomed the opportunity to repay him for the advantages he had provided for her.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

Successful children look after their aging parents. Mr. Markle shouldn't have wanted for anything, his millionaire daughter should have welcomed the opportunity to repay him for the advantages he had provided for her.

He's hardly elderly.  He's a sycophant.

Honored Contributor

@occasionalrain 

That's absolute nonsense.  Responsible people take care of themselves and they have the common sense to plan for their own financial security in their retirement years!  They don't expect their children to support them.  That Markel man had a good job at one time, he was a well paid professional  in the entertainment industry and very close to his young daughter but something went very wrong with him and he took wrong turn somewhere.  That doesn't mean Meghan should support him.  I did read that (long before Harry) Meghan paid off his debts....twice. I think if he'd been a decent person and hadn't pulled that tabloid stunt for money before the wedding, if hadn't gone down that "gimme the money" path with the British tabloids; he'd be "family" and she'd have treated him like family.       

Honored Contributor

@Sushismom wrote:

Would any of you who say they love their kids treat them the way Markle has does his daughter? Would you talk to the press about them? I don't have kids but did raise one of my nephews. I would NEVER talk to the press about him. NEVER. 

Conversely, would you live your life as if you only had one family member... 

In my pantry with my cupcakes...