Honored Contributor

Re: Markle Law Suit

[ Edited ]

A babysitter for a night out or a day of shopping and lunch with a friend is far different from days and thousands of miles away, a trip to LA, and now a weekend away. It seems she's bored with Archie and playing mommy. This should come as a surprise to no one. Well, except for Harry but even he should begin to see that he's been conned.

Honored Contributor

@JaneMarple   Thank you for noticing that I am not Meghan Markel or remotely like her.

Yes, my life has been very different.  I am not perfect and never said I was, but I had my priorities straight.  My children always came first.  I happily gave up a lot of freedom when I had them.  It was worth every minute.  

Honored Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@JaneMarple   Thank you for noticing that I am not Meghan Markel or remotely like her.

Yes, my life has been very different.  I am not perfect and never said I was, but I had my priorities straight.  My children always came first.  I happily gave up a lot of freedom when I had them.  It was worth every minute.  

You and millions of other mothers in the world!

Don't use the bad Mommy excuse because you have a dislike for Meghan or any other women who has a Nanny or good friend watching their babies.

You Don't Own Me- Leslie Gore
(You don't Know) How Glad I Am- Nancy Wilson
Esteemed Contributor

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Carmie wrote:

@JaneMarple wrote:

@Pearlee wrote:
@Carmie. When Meghan went back to England she left Archie with her best friend Jessica Mulroney as well as a nanny.

Posters shouldn't assume who is taking care of Archie; that's not fair.

So what @Pearlee , women all over the world do this every day! For instance women in the military!

Women in the military leave their children to go to WORK, not to run around with friends and have a ball when their DH is away trying to,straight out a big mess.

Assume much @Carmie? 

Meghan is not you and there are different circumstances in each scenario! Day in and day out on these forums it's:

How I did it.

How I took care of my kids.

What I wore.

How my husband took care of the family.

etc. etc. ect.............

The world is not revolving around your lives!!!!!!!!

@JaneMarple It's hard to take issue with the military women, which you brought up, leaving their children to go to work.  They have no choice. They have a responsibility and they take it seriously...unlike others.

Keepin' it real.
Esteemed Contributor

@bonappetit wrote:

Your post makes ZERO sense. Personally, I could care less about this story.

Actually @bonappetit your post makes ZERO sense. You cared enough to read it,and post about it, so you got some enjoyment from it.

Esteemed Contributor

@SeaMaiden wrote:

I was hoping when Markle went to Canada she would just GO AWAY FOR GOOD.  Good Riddance 

@SeaMaiden I agree with you. I am not a fan.

Honored Contributor

There are mothers who have no choice, babysitters and daycare allow them to earn money needed to provide for their children.

Nannies, however, can travel along with mothers and care for the children anywhere. A mother fortunate to have a nanny doesn't need to be separated from her baby. It's her choice.

Esteemed Contributor

@Alison Wonderland wrote:

@bonappetit wrote:

Your post makes ZERO sense. Personally, I could care less about this story.

Just enough to read and comment on the post, eh?

@Alison Wonderland I didn't read all of the responses, before I posted, so I said almost the very same thing. 

Respected Contributor

@occasionalrain wrote:

A babysitter for a night out or a day of shopping and lunch with a friend is far different from days and thousands of miles away, a trip to LA, and now a weekend away. It seems she's bored with Archie and playing mommy. This should come as a surprise to no one.

The depth of your hatred for this stranger is troubling. 

“The soul is healed by being with children.”
— Fyodor Dostoyevsky
Esteemed Contributor

@Carmie wrote:

@Love my grandkids   I don't see him as a bad guy at all.  I see him as a loving father who was kicked to the curb after his daughter became famous and married a prince.

Her father paid for and supported her- her whole life.  They were close.

He is hurting and I would be too.  I have tried to understand what the big deal was about when he was photographed looking at pictures of his daughter before her  marriage.  I think he was proud of her and didn't do it to hurt her or make money.  

This incident was innocent and blown out of proportion.  

if Meghan was decent, she would have called her father and spoken to him instead of sending him a letter.  She creates her own drama and blames everyone else.

My advice to her would be to reach out to her father and have a relationship.  it doesn't have to be all warm and fuzzy, just an acknowledgement that he is still her father and she appreciates all he has done for her.

Meghan and Harry are suing the paper for printing her letter to her father.  Her father allowed the paper to read it to prove what he said was true...Meghan was denying ever writing to him about certain things.

I find it strange that she has turned on most her family and old friends and adopted all of her new Hollywood friends instead.

She seems like a very superficial and sad individual.  I used to think the world of her, but slowly she has reveals herself to be only about Meghan.  

@Carmie What a good observation. I think there is more to the story then most people realize