Honored Contributor

Re: Mark David Chapman Denied Parole Again (John Lennon's Killer)

From my point of view as a huge Beatles fan, 99% and possibly 100% of all others who have been murdered wouldn't have given the world songs as beautiful and meaningful as Lennon would have, if he'd lived.   This alone makes me in favor of no parole ever.  That and the murder was carefully planned and therefore premeditated.  Chapman deserves no freedom.   If only for this reason:   When badgered repeatedly for a Beatles reunion by the then three surviving Beatles before George's death, Paul said, "There will be no reunion as long as John is still dead."  

Chapman can rot in jail and then go to the opposite of heaven afterwards, as far as I'm concerned.

Honored Contributor

@Pearlee wrote:

According to the NY Post.  

Thank goodness. Unfortunately, he is next eligible for parole in 2020.

May John Lennon RIP.   Smiley Sad

"New York’s parole board has denied Mark David Chapman latest bid for freedom, declaring that the freeing the man who murdered Beatles great John Lennon would be “incompatible with the welfare and safety of society.”"

I recommend going to the NY Post site and taking a look at the Chapman photo it posted.  He still looks like a serious nutcase in that photo.

@Pearlee  What a waste of tax payers money to keep allowing criminals a hearing every two years, not to mention the toll this takes on family members of the victims who have to appear and plead their case to keep the murderers in prison.

Honored Contributor

@mousiegirl  I agree completely.   It's esp. bad when all the family members are gone and there is nobody left to argue to keep the convicted person incarcerated.

I've seen so many of those true crime shows where the remaining children of parents whose child was murdered make promises to their parents to keep going to the parole hearings after the parents' death.  That is so sad.

I think Sharon Tate's sister is one of those who keeps arguing against parole for the remaining incarcerated Manson family members because she promised her parents she would do that.   Very sad indeed that the victims kin have to keep arguing for the murderers to say in prison.  Smiley Sad