Respected Contributor

Re: Marissa Alexander will be released in January. Stand your ground Florida case update

Does the ex have the kids?
Super Contributor

Re: Marissa Alexander will be released in January. Stand your ground Florida case update

They both have joint custody. Ms. Alexander is not completely off the hook. She has another sentencing hearing on 1/27. It's all in the article linked in the OP.

Honored Contributor

They had to get the last dig in by not letting her free for the holidays. A completely innocent woman who should have never been convicted in the first place.

Formerly Ford1224
We must always take sides. Neutrality helps the oppressor, never the victim. Silence encourages the tormentor, never the tormented. Elie Wiesel 1986
Respected Contributor

Angela Corey needs to change places with Ms. Alexander. Then I'd say let that particular woman stay in jail, but not Ms. Alexander. She should be freed with time served, her record expunged if at all possible.

Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 MomOf4 said:

What an injustice this was. Poor woman, I'm glad she will finally be released.

I agree! I just wish it could be before the Holidays!

Fate whispers to her, "You cannot withstand the storm." She whispers back, "I am the storm."

Super Contributor

This is outrageous! Angela Corey seems more the criminal, not Marissa Alexander! I get so sick of the "blaming the victim" mentality where women are concerned. He admitted to hitting four of the five women he was engaged to, and this Corey woman doesn't see her as the wronged party? SMDH

Honored Contributor

Such good news!

I totally agree that she should never have spent a single day in jail.

Honored Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Dam Yankee said:

They both have joint custody. Ms. Alexander is not completely off the hook. She has another sentencing hearing on 1/27. It's all in the article linked in the OP.

Super Contributor

On 11/25/2014 KittyLouWhoToo said:
On 11/24/2014 Dam Yankee said:

Whatcha mean-facing at me for?

Valued Contributor

This was a travesty of justice. i hope common sense prevails.