Valued Contributor

Marissa Alexander will be released in January. Stand your ground Florida case update

i just wanted to let those who have been following marissa's case and working hard to bring her story to the media that there's been a plea deal.

she won't be home for the holidays but will be released early next year.

/></p> <p>background:</p> <p><span style= Alexander, a mother of three, was arrested in August 2010 for firing one shot inside her Jacksonville, Fla., home after then-husband Rico Gray allegedly attacked her. Nobody was injured, but after refusing a plea offer of three years in prison Alexander was convicted of aggravated assault and given a 20-year mandatory sentence.

http://www.usnews.com/news/articles/2014/11/24/marissa-alexander-agrees-to-plea-deal-will-spend-holi...

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Valued Contributor

Re: Marissa Alexander will be released in January. Stand your ground Florida case update

"If I am not for myself, who will be for me? But if I am only for myself, who am I? If not now, when?" Hillel
Respected Contributor

Re: Marissa Alexander will be released in January. Stand your ground Florida case update

Thank you. I wasn't familiar with this story.
Regular Contributor

She should have never spent a day in jail.

Esteemed Contributor

Now that is one person that never should have spent one day in jail!

And in the end, the love you take is equal to the love you make~ The Beatles
Super Contributor

On 11/24/2014 Shorty2U said:

Now that is one person that never should have spent one day in jail!

Ditto both you and kalypso.

Respected Contributor

Gosh, I thought she would long be home with her babies by now. Thanks for the update Eve.

Valued Contributor

What an injustice this was. Poor woman, I'm glad she will finally be released.

Trusted Contributor

I don't understand why she has to wait THAT LONG!! Why can't they let her out before the holidays?? She has served TOOOOO long as it is!

Respected Contributor

Georgie goes free and she goes to jail. What's wrong with that picture?