Honored Contributor

Re: Mario Batalli Sexual Misconduct Claims

@NycVixen wrote:

Unfortunately @suzyQ3 this is very common. I'm also not surprised. It gives me more conviction that what I do is necessary. However, I can tell you from my experience at the UN that women all over world regardless of the situation are fighting for justice.

From that I've learned that sexualized violence in any context is about power. I've seen that it's not about what women do or how they comport themselves but how disenfranchised they are in a community, society or place of employment. Placing the spotlight to focus on how women behave is known to us as a tactic to deflect blame. It's just more abuse in a new form. This is widely used to stop women from reporting abuse. Unfortunately, it works very well. 

I know from what I've seen in the field. Women deserve so much better. They've gained my respect in immeasurable ways. I mentor young women as a graduate student and we're doing what we can to shift the mentality that women mostly create their own plight.  This couldn't be further from the truth.

@NycVixen, I couldn't even come close to your succinct, articulate, and so very compelling post, so I won't even try. :-)

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Trusted Contributor

IMG_1233.JPG

⚓️
Respected Contributor

I'm waiting for Bobby Flay to be next on the chef list, he creeps me out. 

Honored Contributor

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I wish men would start speaking up against women for this also.  It takes two to tango. 

It does?

Women who are harassed and attacked are "tango-ing "?

Statements like this are part of the reason men feel they can get away with treating women like toys.

I'm sure there are isolated incidents of women attacking and harassing men. Statistically a sm all number and no excuse for letting men continue bad behavior

It isn't nearly as isolated as  you might think.  There are lots of women in places of power now.  And they have certainly been known to advance other men and/or women to positions above what their resume might suggest.  Yes, it does happen and I have known of more than one case of it.  

It's like the teachers, coaches and others that hit on students, which always shocks and appals me, but it does happen.  Men AND women.  It's all part of a larger issue society is having to face.  It's not a new one.

Regular Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

I wish men would start speaking up against women for this also.  It takes two to tango. 

It does?

Statements like this are part of the reason men feel they can get away with treating women like toys.

I'm sure there are isolated incidents of women attacking and harassing men. Statistically a sm all number and no excuse for letting men continue bad behavior

It isn't nearly as isolated as  you might think.  There are lots of women in places of power now.  And they have certainly been known to advance other men and/or women to positions above what their resume might suggest.  Yes, it does happen and I have known of more than one case of it.  

It's like the teachers, coaches and others that hit on students, which always shocks and appals me, but it does happen.  Men AND women.  It's all part of a larger issue society is having to face.  It's not a new one.

Why are women and men not coming forward about harassment by women? I don't believe for one second it's an issue. We would be hearing about it now.

Esteemed Contributor

OMG...when will those of you who "claim" to have the backs of other women stop deriding others for simply having their own opinions? And don't talk about us blaming the victim, or not believing the claims, because none of that was ever said. It's getting ridiculous.

@NycVixen, seriously, now you've been bullied? That's rich. The childish finger pointing and false accusations are far from veracious but they really do explain a lot about your pov.

Also, be careful using the word tribe. Lisa Robertson gets raked over the coals every time it comes up. You know, all those supportive women who have each other's backs  yet can't wait to take a shot at her every chance they get. 

Esteemed Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

It does?

I took it as an implication not that women are attacking men but possibly acting in a way that encourages the behavior. Then when things go farther than expected, or the circumstances change, they cry foul. Certainly that isn't always the case, and all too often advances are not welcomed, but the idea of giving mixed messages is nothing new. Still, once the word no is used, that should be the end of it regardless of whether or not it comes from a man or a woman.

Respected Contributor

[ Edited ]

Some people don't know the meaning of the word NO. The second you attacked me personally, the conversation with you was over. Please respect my decision.

~Live with Intention~
Contributor

@NycVixen

Thank you for you informative and articulate posts, I appreciate your contribution to this thread.

Have a nice evening!
Respected Contributor

@Sooner wrote:

@Ms tyrion2 wrote:

@Blingqueen023 wrote:

It does?

"More than one case..."

Would that be two?

Were these undeserving people advanced because of sexual harassment or predation?  Or just plain old office politics.

You've been beating this drum on every thread of this nature @Sooner. I have yet to see you provide any data that supports women are sexually harassing or molesting other people in statistically large numbers.

It's just not happening.