Trusted Contributor

Marie Osmond revisionist history

Anyone watching the Nutrisystem TSV with Marie Osmond on now? She talks about her weight loss like one day she decided she needed to change and then went on Nutrisystem. I thought she lost her weight on DWTS. I can see Nutrisystem helping with maintenance, but I really thought it was on DWTS that she lost the weight.

I do like her - I just hate dishonesty.

Respected Contributor

Re: Marie Osmond revisionist history

When she was on DWTS she was not that big. Not at all like the "before" pictures on the TV commercials. I didn't see her on QVC and have no idea when she started NS, but she lost weight somehow before DWTS.
Trusted Contributor

On 4/8/2015 VanSleepy said: When she was on DWTS she was not that big. Not at all like the "before" pictures on the TV commercials. I didn't see her on QVC and have no idea when she started NS, but she lost weight somehow before DWTS.

OK, I didn't realize that. Thanks.

She does look a lot bigger in her before Nutrisystem photos. I give her credit, she's eating all the Nutrisystem food while on camera so she must like it.

Respected Contributor

Or she's able to force it down for a buck lol
Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 Deb1010again said:

Anyone watching the Nutrisystem TSV with Marie Osmond on now? She talks about her weight loss like one day she decided she needed to change and then went on Nutrisystem. I thought she lost her weight on DWTS. I can see Nutrisystem helping with maintenance, but I really thought it was on DWTS that she lost the weight.

That's not right about the "revisionist" history .... Marie lost the weight BEFORE she went on DWTS. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Trusted Contributor

On 4/9/2015 Tinkrbl44 said:
On 4/8/2015 Deb1010again said:

That's not right about the "revisionist" history .... Marie lost the weight tBEFORE she went on DWTS. {#emotions_dlg.thumbup1}

Thanks for clearing that up Tinkrbl44. It's good to know. Renews my faith in her. Smile

Valued Contributor

Those before pictures of Marie may have been after she had a baby. She was overweight but not that big when she sold her dolls on QVC. Marie did lose weight on DWTS. I remember when she fainted and Maks said he wasn't surprised because she didn't eat. After Dance, she worked in Vegas. I agree that she isn't being honest. Maybe she ate some of the Nutrisystem, but that wasn't the major factor in her weight loss. If I remember correctly, Marie was super thin when she was younger due to anorexia or bulimia.
Honored Contributor

If I remember correctly she started nutrisystem before dancing with the stars and lost some weight but was still overweight when she started the show. It did help her loose more and tone her she had said.

Why is it so important for some to nit pick and criticize her Why is it so hard to believe she started loosing the weight on nutrisystem and some more on Dancing with the Stars? You do need exercise in addition to an eating program!!

Honored Contributor

On 4/8/2015 VanSleepy said: Or she's able to force it down for a buck lol

That made me LOL.

Esteemed Contributor

When Marie was on air last night, I think when they were showing before and after photos, there were words on the screen which stated her height and weight and said that "dance" was part of her exercise routine. I agree that she probably lost some weight before her DWTS gig, but I think the bulk of her weight came off then.