Respected Contributor

Are you tired of seeing hundreds of Nutrisystem commercials on TV?  It seems as if every program is inundated by Marie Osmond telling how she lost 50 pounds (she really lost it on Dancing With the Stars)!  Well if you're not getting enough of Marie and Nutrisystem, you can now watch it for hours on QVC!  Just when you thought QVC's programming couldn't be more dull!!!!  run!.gif

Honored Contributor

Somebody’s buying the kwap 😕 or she wouldn’t be featured.

Honored Contributor

I agree, as dull as watching paint dry.... but January and February is "the" time to push diet and exercise products so they have to do it until we're cross-eyed this time of year.   Woman Wink 

*~"Never eat more than you can lift......" Miss Piggy~*
New Contributor

I cannot believe that people buy this product from this woman. She is literally fake -- she's had so much plastic surgery. Do you really believe this diet worked for her and that it wasn't some type of surgery? I believe QVC has a lot of integrity as a company until I start seeing these charlatans selling products on the Q. 

It's a shame they don't hold the bar higher than Maria who is no more than a snake oil salesman.

Valued Contributor

I like Marie Osmand even if I don't like the Nutrisystem food.  Some people like it and have had good results.  I think she looks great.  Of course she's had work done.  What entertainer hasn't?  I had breakfast with a 66-year-old friend a couple of weeks ago who's had a bit of work done and who exercises a lot.  She looks at least 10 years younger, if not more.  When she got out of her car to cross the street, men in a car beeped at her because she looked so good.

Honored Contributor

I haven't watched QVC for a single minute today.  But then, again, that seems to be typical for most Sundays these days.  I used to at least enjoy ITKWD until they started incorporating the TSV of the day for at keast 20 minutes or so every hour, at least (or so it seems).  

Honored Contributor

I have no reason not to like Marie, and I think she looks terrific. I have no idea what this stuff tastes like, but she has lost a lot of weight, and looks lovely.  Good luck to her

Honored Contributor

I find the Nutrisystem commercials to be about as cheesy as the come. That alone would bother me if I were in the market for that kind of program.

~Who in the world am I? Ah, that's the great puzzle~ Lewis Carroll, Alice in Wonderland
Honored Contributor

Goodness, Marie Osmond isn't even a person on my radar to like or dislike. I can think of some people that make me go off the rails, but there are real reasons. Not some person as innocuous as MO. I'll save my ire for people that deserve it.

Esteemed Contributor

@fortune

You read my mind. I just opened the Q page - and there's a giant pic of her with disgusting Nutrisystem. I was on that "diet" almost 30 yrs ago, It works because there are so few calories in the food - and once I went off it (after 2 months) - I gained the weight back. A real gimmick.

That's right - Marie lost the weight when she was on Dancing With the Stars. That's why NutriSystem hired her to hawk their products. These celebrities/actors get surgery regularly -- from head to toe. She doesn't even look like Marie Osmond. Remember Valerie Bertinelli and Kirstie Alley being spokeswomen -- then they gained tons of weight. Just eat nutritious foods, go to the gym, take long walks, etc.